1. Memorize your "lines" and know your shaving limits.
2. Acquire the sharpest tools in the shed to get a clean trim.
Just because you have an amazing beard doesn't doesn't mean you should forget how to give yourself a precise shave. For the best results, use a straight razor that'll give you the most accurate cut. And make sure to use a shaving brush when applying your cream to help raise the hairs up and prevent razor burn.
3. Does your beard match your job?
4. Let shears and nail clippers (yes, nail clippers) be your friend.
5. Get to know your grain!
6. Learn to fade, and have plenty of tools to work with.
It's a great look to have a beard seamlessly fade on the face or neck. To achieve, look for a trimmer that has plenty of length/fade attachments so you can get the exact look you want.
7. Remember this rule: Schedule your beard and hair washing at the same time.
8. A little dab of beard oil is the trick to a softer beard.
Add a little beard oil after your shower to help condition the hair, moisturize the skin underneath, and give your beard a nice, natural shape.
9. If your mustache requires a bit more of a hold, make sure you're getting help from a beard wax.
Think of it as styling product for your face. It's easy to apply in the morning, giving you freedom to shape your mustache (or long beard) however you want with a hold that'll last all day!