25 Helpful Products From Amazon For Anyone Whose Cat’s Middle Name Is “Difficult”
These are here to save the day and your house from all manner of cat chaos and destruction.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase.
1. A space-saving cat window hammock for your bird-watching baby who is constantly dirtying up the windowsill with their litter-covered paws. Now they have their own special place to perch while soaking in the sunlight.
2. An escape-proof cat harness and leash featuring breathable and flexible reflective strips on the jacket which is perfect for cats who crave outdoor adventures but need to be kept from wandering off into the great unknown.
3. A tall, interactive scratching post tree offering multiple play areas to help stop your kitty from clawing up the furniture while keeping them mentally stimulated at the same time. Cats need to scratch for a variety of reasons, so it's best they have a place to rake their paws over and get in those biiiig stretches without ruining your new chaise lounge.
4. An adjustable anti-scratch cat shower and grooming net bag so your otherwise fussy feline can stay relaxed and calm during nail trimming, bath, and medicine time. No more yowling and scratching at you.
5. A pack of Burt's Bees natural dander-reducing cat wipes for pet parents who are trying to keep their countertops, sheets, and carpets squeaky clean. Even the messiest of cats is no match for these, plus they help make your cat's fur soft and silky smooth.
6. A portable two-speed electronic pet nail grinder that'll provide a safer and more effective method for trimming kitty's delicate claws than a traditional clipper, especially if they're the sensitive type.
7. A multi-cat calming diffuser kit to help keep your cat as soothed as you'd be during a spa trip when introducing a new feline friend to the household. This drug-free solution emits an odorless copy of a harmony marker pheromone, so it's like inhaling pure peace.
8. A self-massager scratcher brush toy that your cat can easily crawl under and use to get those super specific, hard-to-reach itch areas while keeping themselves thoroughly entertained and off of your furniture.
9. A snuggly plush cat toy with a touch-activated purr to comfort even the most anxious and vocal of kittens. Not only does it make for an excellent nap-time buddy, it'll help keep your house a whole lot quieter.
10. An automatic cat water fountain made for finicky felines who absolutely refuse to drink from an ordinary still bowl. Encourage hydration with this cute and ultra-quiet helper.
11. A professional strength, odor-eliminating spray that basically destroys pee and prevents stains, odors, and residue on clothing, floors, and furniture. The scent also discourages cats from peeing on that same spot again.
12. An incredible undercoat Furminator de-shedding tool absolutely amazing at keeping your cat's relentless shedding at bay. It's super gentle and features a cool press-and-release ejector feature to rid the brush of all excess fuzz ASAP after using.
13. A top-entry litter box ideal for preventing scatter and spraying. The perforated lid works to remove litter particles your cat's paws, and it even comes with a handy scoop.
14. An automatic cat feeder including a twist lock lid for naughty kitties who like to break inside and snack outside of mealtime, a snazzy low food LED indication, and the ability to portion control each meal with the press of a button.
15. An easy-to-apply brushless toothpaste gel for cats (and dogs, if you have them, too) who hate using traditional toothbrushes but still suffer from stinky tuna breath. Simply add to your finger and apply to their teeth to help reduce tartar and plaque and prevent build-up.
16. A pack of clear self-adhesive, anti-scratching furniture cover protectors that work to stop cats from scratching all over that sofa you spent a pretty penny on and can't afford to get reupholstered. It also works well on leather in addition to fabric and is easy to install.
17. An ultra-effective pet hair-removal broom featuring a built-in squeegee, telescopic handle for an easy grip, and natural rubber material that attracts pesky fur like a magnet.
18. An wall-mountable, self-groomer brush developed to fully activate your cat's senses and encourage rubbing up against this and not your furniture, laptop, and fresh pile of laundry you're trying to fold.
19. A super fun interactive electric rotating butterfly toy with a circular track and spinning, moving balls that give your cat a chance to get in their daily exercise while remaining totally entertained. Oh yeah, and you'll be thoroughly entertained too just watching them play with this.
20. A luxurious self-warming corduroy pet bed so comfortable your cat will think they're sleeping on a cloud (that's heated, of course). Great alternative for kitties who enjoy snoozing on heating pads and air vents, especially in the wintertime.
21. An interactive cat toy and treat dispenser that most definitely can be called a "good egg" to have around. Whether they're cuddling up to it or batting it around in an attempt to get a snack to fall out, it guarantees a good time for easily bored kitties who like a little challenge.
22. An extremely gentle formula eye rinse to help remove debris, reduce irritation, and prevent infection even on the most delicate and tear stained-prone of kitty lids.
23. A tasty pack of chicken- or tuna-flavored hairball control cat treats that are vet-recommended and promote a healthy digestion. Formulated with safe, natural ingredients, get ready for those nasty hairballs to be gone.
24. A pack of double-sided, anti-scratch cat-training tape you can easily apply to countertops, couches, chairs, and doors as an effective scratch-preventing method. Bonus: the packaging is just adorable.
25. A flea and tick prevention collar including a six-month supply of topical flea treatment because some cats apparently "taste" so good to fleas, they can't seem to keep creepy-crawlies away from them (and you and all your stuff). This puts an end to that.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.