1. Oscar Pistorius stood before South African prosecutors and wept Friday, as they announced intent to charge him with premeditated murder.
4. At one point, Chief Magistrate Desmond Nasir, who barred TV stations and photographers from documenting the session, told Pistorius to “Take it easy.”
5. Pistorius did not enter a plea.
6. In a statement issued later, his family and management said the “alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms.”
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- 12 states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.