1. This is Marc Staal. He plays for the New York Rangers. Notice he does not wear a visor on his helmet.
2. For comparison, here’s Staal’s teammate Rick Nash. Notice he does have a visor on his helmet.
3. Players wear visors to protect their eyes. After this incident last night, Staal probably wishes he had been wearing one.
Warning. The next two shots more graphic.
Seriously. They’re rough.
You’re still here? Okay…
13. Despite how scary the injury looked, Staal was not immediately taken to the hospital, which is an encouraging sign.
14. The Rangers have yet to update the press on the status of the injury, but here’s hoping he’s okay. And that maybe next time, he’s wearing a visor.
15. Watch the video here:
H/T Some jerk.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.