1. This is Djimi Traore (on the left). He plays for the Seattle Sounders of the MLS.
2. The Sounders are in the CONCACAF Champions League, where they’ve been taking on Mexico’s Tigres.
3. An American team has never knocked out a Mexican team in the Champions League. And last night as the Sounders trailed 1-0, it looked like that pattern would continue.
But then the Sounders tied the game at 1. And rather than stop there, we got to see one of the craziest goals in American soccer history put them ahead for good.
5. Tigres thought they cleared the ball, but unfortunately for them it went right to Djimi Traore.
6. No big deal, right? Djimi Traore has only scored 2 goals in his entire career leading up to this and he’s like 35-yards away with practically the whole team in front of him…
8. See it from another crazy angle.
9. One more.
The Sounders went on to win 3-1.
11. Why so sad, Tigres? Did you just become the first Mexican team to get eliminated by an American one?
12. Watch the video of the goal here:
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘