1. This is Djimi Traore (on the left). He plays for the Seattle Sounders of the MLS.
2. The Sounders are in the CONCACAF Champions League, where they’ve been taking on Mexico’s Tigres.
3. An American team has never knocked out a Mexican team in the Champions League. And last night as the Sounders trailed 1-0, it looked like that pattern would continue.
But then the Sounders tied the game at 1. And rather than stop there, we got to see one of the craziest goals in American soccer history put them ahead for good.
5. Tigres thought they cleared the ball, but unfortunately for them it went right to Djimi Traore.
6. No big deal, right? Djimi Traore has only scored 2 goals in his entire career leading up to this and he’s like 35-yards away with practically the whole team in front of him…
8. See it from another crazy angle.
9. One more.
The Sounders went on to win 3-1.
11. Why so sad, Tigres? Did you just become the first Mexican team to get eliminated by an American one?
12. Watch the video of the goal here:
- A Cincinnati zoo is defending its decision to kill a gorilla after a boy fell into an exhibit.
- Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Edward Snowden performed a "public service" leaking surveillance secrets.
- Seventeen people died in a fire at a makeshift nursing home near Ukraine's capital Kiev on Sunday.