1. During the 71st minute of yesterday’s Tottenham-Liverpool game, Liverpool was trailing 2-0 when they took a corner kick.
2. It was a beautifully placed corner that led to a header that perfectly set up Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard for a shot on goal.
3. Luckily for Tottenham, Aaron Lennon was there to clear the ball. Unluckily for Tottenham, Gareth Bale was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This was also unlucky for Bale’s face.
4. The own-goal off the Tottenham star’s face brought Liverpool within one, but it ended up being more painful for Bale than it was for the team.
5. Tottenham held onto a 2-1 lead with a beautiful INTENTIONAL goal from Bale in the 16th minute being the difference.
6. Here’s the play from a reverse angle.
7. Watch a video replay of the moment here.
H/T The Score.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀