1. During the 71st minute of yesterday’s Tottenham-Liverpool game, Liverpool was trailing 2-0 when they took a corner kick.
2. It was a beautifully placed corner that led to a header that perfectly set up Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard for a shot on goal.
3. Luckily for Tottenham, Aaron Lennon was there to clear the ball. Unluckily for Tottenham, Gareth Bale was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This was also unlucky for Bale’s face.
4. The own-goal off the Tottenham star’s face brought Liverpool within one, but it ended up being more painful for Bale than it was for the team.
5. Tottenham held onto a 2-1 lead with a beautiful INTENTIONAL goal from Bale in the 16th minute being the difference.
6. Here’s the play from a reverse angle.
7. Watch a video replay of the moment here.
H/T The Score.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰