1. During the 71st minute of yesterday’s Tottenham-Liverpool game, Liverpool was trailing 2-0 when they took a corner kick.
2. It was a beautifully placed corner that led to a header that perfectly set up Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard for a shot on goal.
3. Luckily for Tottenham, Aaron Lennon was there to clear the ball. Unluckily for Tottenham, Gareth Bale was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This was also unlucky for Bale’s face.
4. The own-goal off the Tottenham star’s face brought Liverpool within one, but it ended up being more painful for Bale than it was for the team.
5. Tottenham held onto a 2-1 lead with a beautiful INTENTIONAL goal from Bale in the 16th minute being the difference.
6. Here’s the play from a reverse angle.
7. Watch a video replay of the moment here.
H/T The Score.
- Donald Trump marveled at how "brilliantly" Hitler seized power during a 2000 visit to a Holocaust museum.
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.