1. Today, on a day that is occurring in the year 2013 and not 2001, the Rock tweeted about being WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
Apparently The Rock defeated CM Punk for the title at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View event in late January. He made four WWE TV appearances leading up to the event, and has only made one since. What does The Rock have that regular WWE wrestlers don’t?
3. Oh yeah. Five movies coming out in 2013.
It must suck to be one of the wrestlers who doesn’t have five movies coming out this year and makes a living purely by destroying his body for a dedicated audience only so the WWE can bring in the star action hero to kick your ass and be champ for the month leading up to his film release.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of Education Secretaries.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.