1. This marten was a star defender who transcended the game, but he still always listened to his goalkeeper.
2. This bird proved that she was the greatest cricketer in all the land. (She eats crickets.)
3. This cat always wanted to be a striker, but ended up being a terrific defender, who won multiple World Cups.
5. This bird scored hundreds of goals in his career, but was also often ejected for attacking the goalkeeper. That’s one of the arguments against having birds play sports.
6. Here a famed striker cat makes a great run, but was called offsides. It turns out teaching cats the rules was difficult.
7. This young kitten plays for Manchester United. She can’t buy beer, but she can score goals. (In fairness no cats can buy beer.)
8. This linebacker squirrel played in five Pro Bowls, but is beginning to get concerned about the lingering effects of concussions.
9. This squirrel could hit, but his third base coach was always disappointed in his base running ability. He bounced back and forth between the minors.
10. These sheep famously forgot their bikes but they didn’t let that stop them from racing. Talk about inspiration.
11. This pigeon’s short game was so good that golfers like Rory Sabbatini were constantly applauding him.
12. This cat being helped off the field by a teammate should have been one of the all-time greats, but injuries derailed his career. His name? Bo Jackson.
16. This dog was the fastest cricketer the world’s ever seen. He’s never been tagged.
(Do they tag people in cricket? Is that a thing?)
17. This deer couldn’t drive the ball, but was deadly from the sand.
18. No dog has ever played third base better than Mr. McKibbles.
19. This dog grew up to be Leo Messi.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳