1. This is R.A. Dickey. He’s the defending NL Cy Young winner, and the newest member of the Toronto Blue Jays.
2. Dickey is a knuckleball pitcher. The knuckleball is thrown with as little spin as possible, which makes its trajectory nearly impossible to predict. It also makes it look like magic controls the ball.
3. This high-quality GIF went viral when Dickey was traded to the Blue Jays last week. Nothing sums up the insanity of this pitch better, except perhaps seeing it from the batters’ box with your own two eyes (no offense intended to all one-eyed ball play
4. In conclusion:
- DNC Day 1 is done: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and 20 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed the first round-the-world solar-powered flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️