1. This is R.A. Dickey. He’s the defending NL Cy Young winner, and the newest member of the Toronto Blue Jays.
2. Dickey is a knuckleball pitcher. The knuckleball is thrown with as little spin as possible, which makes its trajectory nearly impossible to predict. It also makes it look like magic controls the ball.
3. This high-quality GIF went viral when Dickey was traded to the Blue Jays last week. Nothing sums up the insanity of this pitch better, except perhaps seeing it from the batters’ box with your own two eyes (no offense intended to all one-eyed ball play
4. In conclusion:
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯