1. This is R.A. Dickey. He’s the defending NL Cy Young winner, and the newest member of the Toronto Blue Jays.
2. Dickey is a knuckleball pitcher. The knuckleball is thrown with as little spin as possible, which makes its trajectory nearly impossible to predict. It also makes it look like magic controls the ball.
3. This high-quality GIF went viral when Dickey was traded to the Blue Jays last week. Nothing sums up the insanity of this pitch better, except perhaps seeing it from the batters’ box with your own two eyes (no offense intended to all one-eyed ball play
4. In conclusion:
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸