I just assumed it was canceled. My God. What we have here is terrible, a disaster. If they want to race, let them race with themselves. This is no time for a parade. A marathon is a parade. Now is the time to put your shoulder to the wheel. If they want to prepare for something, let them prepare for the election, not a marathon. Do you realize how many police officers you need for a marathon? There are people looting stores on Midland Avenue. There is looting taking place in the homes on the South Shore that were destroyed. That is where we need the police…
What I have seen is terrible, a disaster,” said Molinaro, his voice breaking with emotion. “Everything we have done over the last 10 years is gone. The damage to South Beach is immense. John D’Amato Field doesn’t exist anymore. It was blown away. The asphalt tiles in Midland Beach? Ripped up and gone. We have 2 feet of mud where you used to be able to walk. We have boats in the middle of streets. Cedar Grove? The houses there are flattened. And we have lost lives. And they want to hold a parade?
3. More controversy arose from the sight of giant generators in Central Park for the marathon, while many of New Yorkers remained powerless.
4. Many began proposing that not only could the city’s resources be better spent, but also the marathoners themselves.
And this one began to gain traction on social media.
Eventually the din of the controversy simply became too loud to ignore.
And the marathon was cancelled.
Now let’s get back to work fixing the city.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- Trump's cabinet fills out: He's reportedly tapped a Washington state Congresswoman for interior secretary and Goldman Sachs's president for a key economic position.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗