10 Heartwarming Stories Of Sportsmanship To Brighten Your Day
If you're feeling down, you're going to want to see these.
1. Rowers Give Up A Medal To Help A Capsized Crew
2. Johntel Franklin's Grieving Game
3. Meghan Vogel Sacrifices For An Injured Opponent
4. Mo Cheeks Helps A Little Girl Sing The National Anthem
5. Iker Casillas Asks The Ref To Blow The Whistle
6. Paolo Di Canio Passes Up A Game-Winning Goal, Because The Keeper Was Injured
7. Oliver Kahn Consoles Rather Than Celebrates
The Champions League is the apex of club football. The champions from the top leagues around the world compete at the highest level to determine who is truly the best team on the planet. So when Oliver Kahn's Bayern Munich team won the 2001 Champions League Final on penalties, you would think he would celebrate. His teammates did. But Kahn walked over to Valencia's distraught keeper and consoled him.
8. Nate Haasis Gives Up His Record
9. Players Carry Their Opponent Around The Bases After She Tears A Ligament
Sara Tucholsky had just hit her first ever home run in an important NCAA conference game. But in her excitement she missed first base. Realizing her error she turned around to touch the base, and as she did, she tore a ligament in her knee. Unable to run, the umpires told her that if her teammates or coaches helped her around the bases, she'd be out. And if she couldn't run any further, her hit would be ruled a single. So the defense picked her up and carried her the rest of the way.