2. It was a terrifying situation, and fans and players alike waited with bated breath.
7. Eventually, the doctors got Muamba onto a stretcher and took him out of the stadium. Once at the hospital they were thankfully able to revive him. Which was far from a given, as Muamba had been clinically dead for 78 minutes.
8. But the 24-year-old would never be able to play the sport he loved again.
9. Last night Muamba made his return to White Hart Lane, the stadium where he collapsed, and the welcome was chilling.
11. Enjoy your moment, Mr. Muamba. You’ve gone through more than enough to earn it.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- And in a powerful note on her Facebook page, tennis star Serena Williams says she won't be silent about the police killings of black men.