1. This is Alex Smith. He has basically been the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers since 2005. At least he was until a concussion earlier this year brought about the Colin Kaepernick era in San Francisco.
2. With Smith temporarily sidelined, Kaepernick took full advantage of his opportunity. He dominated games, electrified fans, and captured the country’s imagination. He also relegated Smith to the bench permanently.
3. And the move has been pretty okay for the 49ers as Kaepernick has just, you know, led them to the Super Bowl.
But Alex Smith is still on the team, which means he has to go to New Orleans too. And he has to be a part of media day and face reporters.
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.