1. This is Alex Smith. He has basically been the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers since 2005. At least he was until a concussion earlier this year brought about the Colin Kaepernick era in San Francisco.
2. With Smith temporarily sidelined, Kaepernick took full advantage of his opportunity. He dominated games, electrified fans, and captured the country’s imagination. He also relegated Smith to the bench permanently.
3. And the move has been pretty okay for the 49ers as Kaepernick has just, you know, led them to the Super Bowl.
But Alex Smith is still on the team, which means he has to go to New Orleans too. And he has to be a part of media day and face reporters.
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."