1. This is Alex Smith. He has basically been the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers since 2005. At least he was until a concussion earlier this year brought about the Colin Kaepernick era in San Francisco.
2. With Smith temporarily sidelined, Kaepernick took full advantage of his opportunity. He dominated games, electrified fans, and captured the country’s imagination. He also relegated Smith to the bench permanently.
3. And the move has been pretty okay for the 49ers as Kaepernick has just, you know, led them to the Super Bowl.
But Alex Smith is still on the team, which means he has to go to New Orleans too. And he has to be a part of media day and face reporters.
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.