1. This is Brendon Ayanbadejo. He’s an outspoken linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens and generally a good guy. He notably stood up for marriage equality in the lead-up to Maryland’s vote on the issue.
2. But there’s some downside to being outspoken. Like sometimes you come off as an ass on Twitter while watching the team you’re going to play next week in the playoffs.
3. Ayanbadejo took issue with New England’s hurry-up offense.
5. He also reminded people of two of the crappier moments in Patriot history. (Secretly recording opposing teams’ practices and cutting a player right before the biggest game of his life after he helped them get to that game.)
6. And then he brought up the darkest memory of Patriots football, their gut-punch of a Super Bowl loss to the Giants that ruined what would have been a perfect season.
7. He also decided to define what exactly equals “bitchassness.”
8. New England’s likely response to the rant:
9. The “morning after” apology:
10. New England’s likely response to the apology:
- Authorities are removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀