1. On Christmas, Cavs star Kyrie Irving accidentally posted this photo to his Instagram and Twitter. He quickly deleted it, but the toothpaste was out of the tube.
2. He immediately went into damage control mode.
3. He claimed someone else posted it.
4. He generally blamed “the Internet.”
5. He apologized profusely.
6. He apologized to his girlfriend Natalia Garibotto. (Though he calls her his wife, which is confusing as I’m pretty sure they are not married.)
7. All throughout the ordeal Natalia was getting inundated with tweets about the situation.
8. Including from one person named Justus Wilkins, who tweeted the photo at her.
10. But she later deleted that tweet, and addressed the situation in a way that seemed to indicate that all was well between her and her NBA boyfriend.
11. And for his part, Kyrie doubled down on his public affection.
12. And a quick sidenote on Justus Wilkins. He attempted to extort Kyrie when the photo came out. Classy dude.
13. Luckily for Kyrie the next time he sees Natalia, he has a mask he can use for protection.
H/T Tom Ley at Deadspin.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱