1. Evil Genius, Basketball Dictator, NBA Judge Dredd Kobe Bryant has finally joined Twitter. And he did it in a crazy Kobe way.
First off, loving the #mambatweets hashtag. That is going to be a goldmine of jokes. In fact just bookmark a #mambatweets search now. I have a feeling that’s going to pay comedy dividends.
Kobe is the perfect athlete for Twitter. So many pro athletes have to constantly worry about their “brand.” Kobe has spent year’s cultivating his brand to just be: big asshole. That’s tremendous for us as fans. He doesn’t care who he offends. He doesn’t care what people think. And now he doesn’t even have to bother talking to the media to make insane, controversial statements. It’s just amazing.
2. Also amazing, Kobe’s Twitter avatar. Which is the old Twitterific bird with a black mamba tongue. Just gloriously done, Kobe. Bravo.
3. I love you, Kobe.
- A federal judge in Hawaii has blocked President Trump from enforcing his new travel and refugee bans indefinitely.
- North Carolina lawmakers say they have reached an agreement to repeal the controversial bathroom law HB2.
- Wednesday marks 73 days since people in northwest and southwest Cameroon have had no access to the internet — at all.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year.