Jerk. Sociopath. Evil mad man hell-bent on world domination. These are just some of the ways you could describe Kobe Bryant. Who knew that we’d have to add “genius nickname author” to the list? When talking to the Los Angeles Times recently Kobe finally rectified the problem that is Steve Nash’s lack of a good nickname. (And no, “Nashty” is not a thing.)
“I’m not working too hard, to be honest with you. The shots that I made were all jumpers. It doesn’t take much energy to knock those jumpers down,” he said. “Bringing the ball up and having me kind of initiate the offense and score and stuff like that, it’s making me work a little more than I will when Gatsby gets back.
“When Gatsby gets back, I don’t have to do that. The game’s going to become even more easy for me.”
This is just brilliant. I haven’t been able to put my finger on what exactly Nash’s new LA style was, but this is it. Kobe Bryant is a genius.
4. Hey Steve, how much do you like that nickname?
You can just tell he loves it.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈