Earlier this offseason, the New England Patriots decided not to bring back fan-favorite and star wide receiver Wes Welker. Welker in turn signed with the Denver Broncos where he’ll play with Boston’s most hated quarterback Peyton Manning.
So the Patriots turned to rising star Danny Amendola in free agency to fill Welker’s shoes. No easy task, especially considering how beloved Welker was in Boston.
5. But with one tweet last night, Amendola went a long way to making New Englanders forget about Welker.
Classy move, Danny. Classy move.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it — and it could get worse ❌📰