1. During a Greek Super League soccer match AEK Athens’ Giorgos Katidis scored a game-winning goal.
2. Look how excited he is!
3. Aw he’s pointing at the fans. That’s great!
4. And… What… Is he… Is that the Nazi salute? Did he just do the Nazi salute?
5. Yep. Yep he did the Nazi salute.
6. Originally Katidis claimed that he wasn’t saluting but actually pointing at a friend in the stands. He then apologized and said he didn’t know what the gesture meant.
One member of his club attempted to pull down the player’s arm to no avail.
Katidis was banned for life by Greece from representing his country in International contests. He made the following statement about the act.
“I want to clarify that I am not a fascist or neo-Nazi or racist. I have a step-brother from Puerto Rico, and all my family are from the Black Sea and have experienced racism in the worst ways.” He added: “I sincerely apologize to my teammates and everyone involved with the club that I have insulted in not knowing exactly what I had done in my celebration. Nonetheless, the fact that I did not know what I was doing is no excuse.”
- The US Department of Justice will keep defending Muslims under Donald Trump, top Obama administration officials said Monday.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Prosecutors say murder charges are possible.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️😂