Are you having a rough day?
5. Oh jeez, I’m so sorry.
Yeah, he was born with amniotic band syndrome. That means when he was in utero, the amniotic sac was wrapped around his wrist, which cut off circulation and generally caused his left hand to be both deformed and extremely painful. So when he was 4 years old, he had it amputated.
9. But did he give up?
10. Not exactly. He instead worked his ass off and became a top track and field athlete and a high school football star who will be playing Division I college ball next year alongside his brother at UCF.
11. And last night during the International Bowl (a top-level high school football All-Star game), Griffin picked off a pass despite having only one hand.
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper. He had previously alleged voter fraud.
- Jill Stein filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎