1. Bobby McFerrin’s “Don’t Worry Be Happy” was the biggest song of the year.
2. “Rambo III” topped the year’s box office.
4. Kirk Gibson’s game-winning World Series home run captured the country’s imagination.
6. The world had not yet had a real Batman movie.
8. Ben Johnson had just set the new world record in the 100m at the Seoul Olympics only to test positive for steroids and have his gold medal stripped.
9. Barack Obama was only 27 years old.
10. “Yo! MTV Raps” had just debuted.
11. Not a single member of Notre Dame’s football team was born.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.