We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A pair of classic and comfy mini Ugg boots that are lined with sheepskin to ensure peak coziness this fall and winter. Plus, they're easy to slip on so you have one less thing to worry about before darting out the door.
Promising review: “Can’t go wrong with Ugg boots! These are super comfortable and warm. They hit just above the ankle which is super cute paired some rolled-up jeans. These fit as expected. I would definitely recommend!" —R. Warne
Get them from Amazon for $89+ (available in sizes 5–12 and 18 colors).
2. Surprisingly inexpensive waterproof Chelsea rain boots with over 14,000 5-star ratings from reviewers who love how well they protect your feet from the elements while still being supremely comfortable and cute — especially for under $35!?
Promising review: "I got these boots right before leaving on a three-week vacation to Scotland and London. I didn't want to bring big heavy boots in my bag so I got these. They are pretty lightweight and very comfortable. I put an insole in to help with the cobblestone streets but I was able to wear them comfortably through long days of walking. They definitely have a chemical smell when you first open them up but it has worn off by now." —epop86
Get them from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes 4–12 and 13 colors).
3. A pair of waterproof Columbia hiking boots — they're ultra-breathable and designed for long-lasting comfort. Plus, the advanced traction rubber soles will help keep things slip-free in case you're trekkin' through any rough terrain.
Promising review: "I needed a waterproof boot that would also be good for lots of walking. I did a lot of walking in Ireland and Scotland, mostly in rainy weather, and these boots were true to their description. My feet were dry and comfortable." —Louise M.
Get them from Amazon for $73.98+ (available in sizes 5–12, in regular and wide widths, and 11 colors).
4. Bestselling, lightweight Adidas running shoes that'll make you feel like you're truly walking on a cozy cloud thanks to the memory foam sockliner, stretchy mesh upper, and Cloudfoam cushioning. Plus, you can slip these right on and off without tying and untying the laces!
Promising review: "These shoes are so comfortable and cozy, they feel as if you are wearing slippers! They are attractive and versatile can be worn for everyday casual wear or on long walks. I love them, and ended up purchasing a second pair. I highly recommend them!" —Laura M Rodriguez
"So comfortable. Walked around London for seven to eight hours and my feet were not the least bit sore! I recommended them to a friend who was taking a two-week vacation in Italy and she said the same...comfortable after hours and hours of walking!" —Christina
Get it from Amazon for $49+ (available in sizes 5–11).
5. Lightweight and waterproof rain boots for keeping your feet dry and comfy during rainy autumn days. Pair them with cozy socks when the temps start to get chilly!
Some reviewers suggest getting an insole for extra comfort!
Promising review: "These boots are great! The ankle is wide enough that they slip on and off easily but are not too bulky. Super waterproof! These are great if you have a dog or kids and find yourself stomping around wet grass and puddles often. The material is a little lighter than most rain boots so my feet aren’t sweating after walking my dog in a warmer rainy day (but with fuzzy socks they’re plenty warm for cooler mornings)!" —Alys Lou
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes 5–9.5 and in eight colors).
6. Or some super comfy Vessi sneakers designed to be 100% waterproof yet breathable so you can trudge through soggy leaves and puddles without getting your feet completely soaked!
Promising review: "My very good friend insisted I give these waterproof sneakers a try because they were so light, easy to clean and most importantly, comfortable! I’m happy I finally made the purchase because they truly are as advertised and now I can save space in my shoe closet by getting rid of my clunky rain boots!" —Kim
Get them from Vessi for $105 (available in whole sizes 6–11 and in black and grey).
7. A pair of steel-toed slip-on Dr. Martens boots that'll kick your fall wardrobe into gear this year. They work great with a variety of outfits, and reviewers find them really comfy!
See them in action on TikTok here.
Promising review: "These are the best and most comfortable pair of Docs I've had. They were a dream to break in and I have never had a blister with these. I get so many compliments on them and they are a great fall shoe!!" —christa kraftician
Get it from Amazon for $169.99+ (available in sizes 5–11).
8. Or a pair of classic Dr. Martens Chelsea boots if you're still looking for something comfy, stylish, and long-lasting, but with a little less height.
Promising review: "I'm so glad I bought these! I bought these as I was wanting a comfortable bootie option for fall and winter outfits. I usually wear a 7.5 or an 8 in shoes, and got these in an 8 and they fit perfectly! If you own other Docs, pick the same size. That's what I did and these fit and feel great." —Staci
Get it from Amazon for $89.63+ (available in sizes 5–14 and in three colors).
9. *Or* a pair of Steve Madden Chelsea boots for anyone who's looking for a dusty color to lighten up their fall 'fits.
10. Breathable and convenient slip-on sneakers with memory foam soles that'll keep your feet nice and comfy on those autumn days when you wanna feel the cool breeze as you stroll through the sun.
Some reviewers say these shoes run big, and recommend ordering a size down.
Promising review: "I love these slip-ons! They are extremely comfortable and stretchy. No need to 'break them in' and they didn't irritate my heels after long-time wear like Vans slip-ons do — no need for bandages :). I will definitely be buying these again and again!" —MichelleAColgan
"I love these. They are great for fall, as they have a thin yet cozy lining on the inside. Feel like an expensive shoe. Great buy." — jlavb
Get them from Amazon for $26.95+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in a variety of colors and styles).
11. A pair of versatile clogs — they go nicely with a variety of outfits and have a memory foam footbed your soles will adore. They're as comfy as sneakers, while being easy to dress up when needed! Plus, you can wear them with socks when the temperature starts to drop.
Promising review: "I have traveled in these shoes all over Japan and England and I couldn't be more delighted. Logged 12 miles in one day walking around London without a blister or toe out of place. I love their versatility — they are nice enough to wear for business — particularly if you are on your feet a lot. Also, they look super cute with jeans or a sundress. I love Dansko shoes and these have not disappointed. Truly held up over time and continue to cradle my feet today!" —Sara E. Guterbock
"I've gotten compliments every single time I've worn them. I love the feel and how flexible they are for skirts, pants and rolled-up jeans, etc. Nice addition to the fall wardrobe." —Kindle Customer
Get them from Amazon for $139.95 (available in sizes 5.5–12 and in two colors).
12. Mid-calf lace-up boots perfect for those days when fall decides to dress up as winter for Halloween 😒. And once the snow, ice, and low temps arrive, you'll truly appreciate their slip-resistant outsole and warm faux fur lining. PLUS, they have a secret small zipper pocket if you need somewhere safe to keep cards and extra cash!
Promising review: "I love these boots! My feet are always cold at work but I stand for nine hours straight every day so I have to be comfortable. These are the first boots that I have found that I am comfortable in standing all day. They have fur on the inside and are soft. The boot has a little wiggle room so I can wear thick socks without them being tight. They have good traction for walking around outside in snow or ice. I can’t say enough about how great these boots are! You won’t be disappointed!" —MamaMoRx
Get it from Amazon for $46.99+ (available in sizes 5–12 and in six colors).
13. Ugg slipper shoes here to make your feet feel like they're snuggled up and cozy all autumn long! They're great for indoor *and* outdoor wear, plus they pair perfectly with socks if you need even more warmth on colder days.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Maitland Quitmeyer says: "First thing that needs to be said is that Uggs are great! They're warm, they're cozy, and you can just slide them on when you're freezing — I won't hear otherwise! They're not exactly high fashion, but they don't *need* to be when it's a straight-up polar vortex outside. So when I saw these Ugg slipper slides with an elastic back, I just had to buy a pair. I don't know what it is about them I find the cutest: the slightly sporty elastic, the Michelin man-esque plush rolls on top, or the chunky bottoms that give you a little extra height. AND they have all the comfort of a slip-on slide, but without the feeling that your foot is going to fall out any second.
They have a hard sole, so you can wear them as indoor slippers, half-indoor-half-outdoor take-out-the-trash-shoes, or real regular shoes (aka what I'm going to use them for). When it's still warm-ish out, I'm going to wear them with my toes poking through, but they're also going to be *so* cute with socks (team socks + sandals 'til I die!!!!!). And they're SO SOFT AND COMFY! I'm prepared to live in these all fall. Paired with leggings and a blazer? It's the perfect 'Ugh, I can barely make today happen' work outfit. I honestly want to get another pair in another of the cute colors...or the leopard print. Oh, and just FYI, I ended up sizing down in these!"
14. Plaid sneakers decked out in fall-friendly hues that'll take your autumn wardrobe to the next level while also adding a warm pop of color to outfits year round!
BTW — These shoes are from a Black woman-owned company in Australia. They're handmade, so it takes 10–15 business days after purchase before they'll be shipped out.
Get them from Shekudo for $245 (available in European sizes 36–42).
15. A pair of sleek, knee-high equestrian boots that aren't horsin' around when it comes to flawless fall style and comfort that'll last even if you're walking around all day long!
A few reviewers have noted that if you have wide calves, these might not be the boots for you. So check out these riding boots if you're looking for a wider fit.
Promising reviews: "These boots are gorgeous. They're the perfect color for fall." —211912
"These boots are very comfortable. I can walk in these shoes for the entire day. I receive complements every time I wear these boots." —Erica M. Johnson
Get it from Amazon for $50.17+ (available in sizes 5.5–10 and in five colors).
16. Amazingly comfortable Dr. Scholl's shoes reviewers love for making a day full of walking easy on their feet *and* for being warm enough to wear in the fall, winter, and spring!
Promising review: "These are by far my favorite shoe. I have 3 pairs, and I’ve worn them to walk miles and miles in Europe and on vacation. I found them comfy right off the bat, but they do loosen up a bit after wear. They are warmer than other sneakers, which works great for spring/winter/fall. I have average (average width, average arch) size 10 feet, and the size 10 was a perfect fit." —Pagan45
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 in regular and wide widths and in 21 colors and patterns).
17. Or some Skechers walking shoes designed to revolutionize your walking experience with responsive cushioning, a rebound insole, and a mesh fabric upper to help keep your feet happy no matter how many steps you take.
Promising review: "This is my third pair (although slightly different makes). They always fit well, give me good support, and are comfy for work or play. I wear them in the spring, fall, and winter months." —Crystal Koster
Get them from Amazon for $34.16+ (available in sizes 5–13 in regular, narrow, and wide widths and 25 colors).
18. Comfy embroidered floral canvas high tops ideal for accompanying you on everything from hikes to errands. Plus, if you're looking to add more earth tones into your fall wardrobe, these go great with a variety of outfits!
BANGS Shoes is a mission-driven small biz that creates ethically made, high-quality canvas sneakers for your daily adventures. Their embroidered sneaks are super cute and every purchase helps to fund loans that invest in entrepreneurs around the globe.
Promising review: "I LOVE these shoes. The embroidery is sturdy and has held up to many hikes already. I get compliments all the time on them!!" —alisha
Get it from BANGS Shoes for $79 (available in sizes 5–11.5).
19. Cushy lace-up loafers with over 38,000 5-star ratings from reviewers that love how lightweight and comfortable they are. Plus, lots of shoppers swear these feel more like wearing slippers than shoes!
Promising review: "G.O.A.T. These are SO cute, even more so in person. I LOVE them. I don't think you could go wrong no matter what color you buy. So easy to slip on quick, but also great for all day wear. Like a shoe and a slipper had a baby.....and SO cute dress up or down. Highly recommend." —Sommer Skrzyniarz
Get them from Amazon for $38.47+ (available in sizes 2–12 and in 29 styles).
20. Or some faux fur-lined versions if you're looking for a little extra warmth this fall.
Promising review: "My husband got these for me for Christmas and I love them. They fit snug at first, but are the most comfortable slip on-type shoes I've had. They're lightweight and easy and convenient to slip on, and the faux fur lining is so soft and adds a little bit of warmth."
21. *OR* a faux fur-lined version with a foldable cuff that'll be a cozy paradise for your chilly feet.
Promising review: "Love these! So cute and cozy. I find this brand to run true to size, and these fit the same as my other Dudes. Not fully fur lined, just partially. But that’s fine for me, as I am wearing these for a cozy fall shoe and not a winter snow boot." —darkski2610
Get it from Amazon for $38.97+ (available in sizes 5-11 and 11 colors).