We've all had moments where we feel overwhelmed by our thoughts, emotions and just the general things that can stress us out.
When you feel overwhelmed one thing you can do is to take a moment to breathe and calm your mind so you can think clearly again.
And a mindfulness jar is a great way to get into the practice of meditation, or just to serve as a reminder to take time to clear your mind throughout the day.
When you shake the jar, the glitter clouds the water. You're only able to see the crystal again by waiting and letting everything settle to the bottom.
Making your own mindfulness jar is actually super simple. Here's how to do it:
1. Start with any clear jar with flat, tight-sealing lid.
2. Choose an object to glue to the lid that will be what you focus on.
3. Glue the object to the inside of the lid using a strong adhesive.
4. Add water and clear craft glue to the jar.
5. Add the glitter of your choice.
Now, you might be asking yourself, "How am I supposed to calm down when this thing is constantly reminding me that glitter is destroying the planet?!"
If you're concerned about microplastics (like glitter) and their adverse effects on the environment, you could use all-natural mica powder instead.
Next time you're feeling stressed, give your jar a shake, sit back, watch the glitter settle, and just breathe.