Mixed Berry French Toast Bake
Here's a video showing you how to make it:
1 loaf whole wheat bread
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup warm water
2 cups milk of choice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Pinch of salt
½ cup blueberries
½ cup raspberries
½ cup blackberries
Maple syrup, to top (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. Slice bread into quarters. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine honey and warm water. Whisk until the honey dissolves. Add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until well-combined.
4. Pour the bread into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with the egg mixture.
5. Toss the bread and egg mixture together to evenly coat the bread. Let the bread soak for 20 minutes.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy around the edges and top. (Times & temperatures may vary based on oven).
7. Serve with maple syrup on top (optional)