2. Even when this happened.
3. But he can't get in the door at the Rovers Return.
4. Everyone tried to ignore the fact that Scotland almost broke away.
5. Macaroons with politicians' faces are a thing.
6. Launching an Instagram page during a party conference can be really smart... or it could lead a politician to get instantly trolled.
7. Politicians take driving simulator games really seriously.
8. Keith Vaz is still a thing.
9. There's always room for fiscal restraint at Roy's Rolls.
10. "Never kissed a Tory" t-shirts still sell well in some places.
11. Ed Miliband likes to namecheck strangers he meets on Hampstead Heath. And as a result we all live in a world of Gareths.
13. Conferences are strange places where newspaper columnists and MPs are treated like rock stars and get selfies.
15. There is always a place for the man with the No Nukes dog.
18. Giving way to terrible jokes.
19. UKIP types wish it was the 19th century.
20. But certain UKIP politicians like to challenge stereotypes.
21. During conference season absolutely everything was at risk of defecting from the Conservatives to UKIP.
22. We discovered David Cameron writes his speeches while watching David Cameron.
24. People didn't always get the coverage they were after.
25. And we were reminded how politicians should always be careful as to where they stand.
26. Boris Johnson gained his own look-a-like toy.
27. While Grant Shapps showed he knows how to use Google Glass.
28. Even the press officers get bored at their party's conference.
30. Paisley pyjamas were back in fashion after this piece, with Tory MPs wishing they were using Snapchat to send their inappropriate pictures.
31. Michael Gove selfies are a thing.
35. And you're never more than five yards away from a PR stunt.
36. Free booze is still the easiest way to get people along to your event.
37. And there's always a lot of excellent merchandise to buy.
38. By the end of conference season it become a bit too much for some people.
39. Despite the thrilling fringe events everywhere.
40. It also became clear that white elephants don't last forever.
41. You can buy anything branded with any politician.
42. The Lib Dems like to hold discos.
43. People are still obsessed with what the politicians wear.
44. Journalists start to lose it by the end of conference season.
46. And no matter where the conference is held, there will be a man dressed as a giant sun trying to flog solar panels to schools.
Jim Waterson is a politics editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Jim Waterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Siraj Datoo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Siraj Datoo at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.