We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
Because I am very intuitive — or because you all are predictable — I know the comments on this one are going to be brutal.
In 2008, I bought my first pair of Wolford Matte Opaque 80 Tights, and my fiercest brand loyalty was born.
Here's a short list of everything I love about these expensive AF tights:
1. They're perfectly opaque and matte. The Hue tights, while totally passable, have a rather shiny look about them when I put them on. The Wolfords have no trace of a shine. The fabric doesn't appear thick, though, or add bulk to my legs.
2. They're comfy! The have a knitted waistband that doesn't dig into my belly.
3. They're super stretchy and haven't lost their shape in nearly a decade.
4. None of them have ever gotten a hole or a snag. Not once! In nine years!
5. They keep my legs warm, even in the dead of winter.
6. I have never once hand-washed them: They go into the machine with everything else. Usually I hang dry them, but I have accidentally put them in the dryer and they're always completely fine.