1. Grill soft rined cheeses like Brie and Camembert to make a warm and melted appetizer.
2. Or grill non-melting cheeses for a quick main course.
Cheeses such as halloumi, panela, and some provolones can be grilled without turning into a melted mess (even without the protection of a rind). Get the recipe for this grilled halloumi sandwich here.
3. Make aligot (aka the cheesiest mashed potatoes you can imagine).
This classic French dish is unlike any mashed potatoes you've ever had. Imagine a hybrid of mashed potatoes and pure melted cheese... that's aligot. Get the recipe here.
4. Bake it into cheese crisps.
These seedy crisps are made by baking shredded Gruyère and Asiago with a variety of nuts and seeds, but the technique can be used with most shredded cheeses. Get the recipe here.
5. Pan-fry it and serve it with lemon (aka saganaki).
6. Transform mozzarella balls into crispy one-bite appetizers.
This recipe fries baby mozzarella balls in a coating of panko bread crumbs to transform them into the perfect bar snack. Get the recipe here.