Here's Day Four Of Our No-Added-Sugar Meal Plan
We're more than halfway through the week — and you totally got this.
It's day four of our 7-day meal plan.
We're more than halfway through the week. To celebrate? Breakfast tacos! These are loaded with eggs, avocado, and a homemade pico de gallo that — fair warning — you'll want to put on everything. For lunch, a veggie-packed pita with chickpeas and Greek yogurt tzatziki. And for dinner: a banh mi bowl that's equal parts colorful and delicious.
DAY FOUR RECIPES: Find complete, step-by-step instructions at the bottom of this post. For a printable doc with the entire's week's recipes, click here.
WANT SNACKS?: We've got you covered. Find ideas and recipes here.
Here's what you need:
Breakfast comes together in minutes: Just fry two eggs on the stovetop...
Load them onto tortillas, then top with avocado, pico de gallo, and a squeeze of lime.
Lunch basically makes itself — because everything has already been prepped.
Chickpeas, a scoop of roasted vegetables, some tzatziki, and a pita. When it's time to eat, just assemble.
Good to go!
Dinner is halfway made — you'll reheat the rice, along with the meatballs that thawed overnight.
Grab your favorite toppings — like edamame, carrots, cucumber, and the creamy peanut sauce.
Two last things? Cook up a batch of quinoa for breakfast tomorrow.
And move the chicken breasts from the freezer to the fridge.
DAY FOUR RECIPES
1. Fried Egg Breakfast Tacos
* 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 2 eggs
• 2 small corn tortillas
• ½ cup cherry tomato pico de gallo (*leftovers: recipe here)
• ½ avocado, sliced
• kosher salt, to taste
• ground black pepper, to taste
• red pepper flakes, to taste
• 1 lime wedge
Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and let cook until whites are firm, about 2 to 3 minutes. (If you don't like runny yolks, cook them longer or scramble them.)
Heat tortillas directly on a burner set at medium heat until warm and slightly charred. Divide eggs, cherry tomato pico de gallo, and sliced avocado between tortillas. Season with kosher salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
2. Roasted Veggie Pita With Greek Yogurt Tzatziki
• 1 pita
• 1 cup roasted vegetable mixture (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ½ cup roasted chickpeas (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ¼ cup Greek yogurt tzatziki (*meal prepped: recipe here)
Wrap vegetables and chickpeas in a pita, then top with tzatziki. (Or, if packing lunch to go: Pack everything into a divided lunch container, and assemble when ready to eat.)
3. Turkey Meatball Banh Mi Bowl
• 1 cup cooked brown rice (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• 4 cilantro lime turkey meatballs (*meal prepped: recipe here)
• ¼ cup shredded carrots
• 3 tablespoons edamame (thawed, if frozen)
• 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
• 5 slices cucumber
• 5 slices jalapeño
• ⅓ cup peanut sauce (*leftovers: recipe here)
Reheat brown rice and turkey meatballs.
Scoop brown rice into a bowl and top with individual piles of meatballs, carrot, edamame, peanuts, cucumber, and jalapeño. Finish with Thai peanut sauce.
4. Next-Day Prep
• 1¼ cups white quinoa
• 2½ cups water
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pot. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cover with a lid. Continue cooking until all water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Let cool, then store.
Move the chicken breasts from the freezer to the fridge, to thaw overnight.