1. Furkids Animal And Rescue Center, a no-kill Atlanta-based rescue organization, produced a one-of-a-kind, hilarious commercial for its facilities.
Samantha Shelton, a spokesperson for Furkids, told BuzzFeed News that the inspiration for the video was to make something funny to get people motivated to adopt and support their animals.
She said that once they enlisted Preston, the video took only 30 minutes to shoot and about an hour to edit. The budget consisted of a couple of cans of cat food to feed the animal “actors” involved in the filming.
She added that the reactions to the video have been overwhelmingly positive, and it has even resulted in an increase in adoption applications. She also said that she hopes it inspires people to visit their local animal shelters and adopt, volunteer, and offer support.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈