5. Well, likely to the disappointment of many, the war veteran has been happily married to his wife Fleecie for 67 years, Derek Schwendeman told BuzzFeed.
6. Thomas Schwendeman, who is now 86, lives in Pennsylvania and is still very much in love. He stays active with his wife and they enjoy bowling together, which is coincidently how they met all those years ago.
8. Derek Schwendeman said his grandmother told him that since they married young, her husband didn’t have much of a chance to “sow his wild oats.” She went on to say that “women fussed over him all of the time, but she got him first.”
9. The octogenarian is amazed at all of the excitement over this single picture, his grandson said. Derek Schwendeman said his grandmother told him that her husband is very surprised at the attention, but she thinks he’s secretly enjoying it.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎