5. Well, likely to the disappointment of many, the war veteran has been happily married to his wife Fleecie for 67 years, Derek Schwendeman told BuzzFeed.
6. Thomas Schwendeman, who is now 86, lives in Pennsylvania and is still very much in love. He stays active with his wife and they enjoy bowling together, which is coincidently how they met all those years ago.
8. Derek Schwendeman said his grandmother told him that since they married young, her husband didn’t have much of a chance to “sow his wild oats.” She went on to say that “women fussed over him all of the time, but she got him first.”
9. The octogenarian is amazed at all of the excitement over this single picture, his grandson said. Derek Schwendeman said his grandmother told him that her husband is very surprised at the attention, but she thinks he’s secretly enjoying it.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher Jose Fernandez has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.