5. Well, likely to the disappointment of many, the war veteran has been happily married to his wife Fleecie for 67 years, Derek Schwendeman told BuzzFeed.
6. Thomas Schwendeman, who is now 86, lives in Pennsylvania and is still very much in love. He stays active with his wife and they enjoy bowling together, which is coincidently how they met all those years ago.
8. Derek Schwendeman said his grandmother told him that since they married young, her husband didn’t have much of a chance to “sow his wild oats.” She went on to say that “women fussed over him all of the time, but she got him first.”
9. The octogenarian is amazed at all of the excitement over this single picture, his grandson said. Derek Schwendeman said his grandmother told him that her husband is very surprised at the attention, but she thinks he’s secretly enjoying it.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭