We asked attendees at the annual Book Expo America conference why they think people should read more books. Here are their answers.
1. “You have nothing to lose. (Except ignorance.)”
2. “People should read for the joy of leaving their lives and heads and problems, and entering the worlds of other lives, heads, and, yes, problems.”
3. “So you’ll never feel lonely or alone.”
4. “To be as smart as possible.”
5. “Because books tell the stories of people we don’t know, places we haven’t been, and worlds we can only imagine.”
6. “Books matter.”
7. “Because there’s nothing better than creating your own mental movie while reading. Plus… all the cool kids do it.”
8. “Reading stimulates the mind in a way that movies and TV cannot; reading awakens a dormant imagination and keeps the mind fresh.”
9. “For yourself.”
10. “Books are like a real-life TARDIS.”
11. “Because reading books brings people together!”
12. “Reading is still the best way into another person’s emotional life — while ever seeing the world from another point of view is important, reading (a lot) will be essential.”
13. “Take your mind on an adventure!”
14. “Reading more makes you sexier… eventually.”
15. “It helps you relax.”
16. “To broaden your horizons!”
17. “Reading lets you explore the world and learn more about other people’s stories!”
18. “Read more romance novels — they’re good for the soul.”
19. “To expand your mind!”
20. “I think the knowledge alone that’s written in books is worth any time invested in reading, and also the adventure and journey that they take you on is priceless.”
21. “To understand people, cultures, life… which helps with the ladies!”
22. “Read more books… so your brain doesn’t rot!”
23. “Read to relax after your busy day!”
24. “Because books are THE BEST.”
25. “To expand your mind and creativity.”
26. “It’s the only way to sleep with people who like books.”
To learn more about Book Expo America, click here.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎