We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about their best tips for keeping a journal. Here are their insightful responses:
1. Always carry your journal with you.
2. Keep your entries short.
3. Use a cheap notebook or sketchbook.
4. Alternatively, be willing to splurge on the right journal.
5. Don't write on the first page.
6. Don't stress about writing every single day.
7. Create a relaxing routine around journaling.
8. Or incorporate it into your existing routine.
9. Keep it simple.
10. Make lists.
11. Don't beat yourself up over mistakes.
12. Create your own layout.
13. Practice your handwriting.
14. Use a ruler.
15. Try bullet journaling.
16. Or many different methods to see what works for you.
17. Look up writing prompts.
18. Don't try to be perfect.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.