BuzzFeed Books is honored to announce the fantastic young writers in the National Book Foundation’s 10th annual 5 Under 35. While the selection committee usually consists of past winners and finalists of the National Book Awards, this year the honorees were chosen by previous 5 Under 35 Honorees in honor of the 10th anniversary.
Here are this year’s honorees:
1. Angela Flournoy, The Turner House
2. Azareen Van der Vliet Oloomi, Fra Keeler
3. Colin Barrett, Young Skins
4. Tracy O’Neill, The Hopeful
5. Megan Kruse, Call Me Home
A celebration of the 5 Under 35 Honorees will take place on November 16, 2015, at Brooklyn’s powerHouse Arena, kicking off National Book Awards week. The ceremony will be hosted by:
In addition, all five honorees will be invited to appear at a special event in Miami, FL in the Spring of 2016, in partnership with Miami Book Fair International.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.