2. And while the names are the same in the upcoming live-action adaptation, the camp factor has been seriously toned down in favor of a refreshingly emotional undercurrent, as you can see in BuzzFeed’s exclusive trailer.
3. Yes, Jem (Aubrey Peeples) is still — literally — the bright star she was in the cartoon.
6. The film has been updated for 2015 to focus on how artists are packaged, manipulated, and transformed into brands that executives believe will most appeal to millennials.
7. Thankfully, the cartoon’s most iconic catchphrase still makes its way into the movie.
8. Jem and the Holograms opens Oct. 23.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.