2. And while the names are the same in the upcoming live-action adaptation, the camp factor has been seriously toned down in favor of a refreshingly emotional undercurrent, as you can see in BuzzFeed’s exclusive trailer.
3. Yes, Jem (Aubrey Peeples) is still — literally — the bright star she was in the cartoon.
6. The film has been updated for 2015 to focus on how artists are packaged, manipulated, and transformed into brands that executives believe will most appeal to millennials.
7. Thankfully, the cartoon’s most iconic catchphrase still makes its way into the movie.
8. Jem and the Holograms opens Oct. 23.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀