1. On Thursday, the following tweet was sent from the verified account of Chris Colfer, one of the few remaining original stars on Fox’s Glee:
2. Shortly after, though, Colfer’s publicist and 20th Century Fox, which produces Glee, informed BuzzFeed that his Twitter account had been hacked and he will return for the show’s final season.
“We’ve been alerted that Chris Colfer’s Twitter account has been hacked. Rumors of his dismissal from Glee could not be further from the truth,” the studio said in a statement. “We love Chris and look forward to working with him again this season.”
On Friday, Lea Michele was hacked as well. The following tweet — which her rep confirms to BuzzFeed is false — was sent from her verified account:
Both Tweets have since been deleted.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website 👏