Almond Milk Recipe
* 40g activated almonds (see instructions below)
* pinch of sea salt
* 200ml water
* 22g pitted dates
* 2g vanilla bean paste
* half teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 260ml filtered water
* Activate your almonds by placing them in an air tight container, with a pinch of salt and 200ml water, let sit in a fridge for 6-8 hours.
Water level should reach double the height of the Almonds, If any nuts float to the top discard and replace with more nuts.
* Rinse with fresh cold water.
* Combine your activated almonds, and the rest of the ingredients in a blender.
* Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
* Put on some clean disposable gloves and strain the mixture through a fine-meshed 'cheese cloth' (a nut milk bag, or a clean CHUX will also do!) over a wide rimmed bowl, careful not to fill the bag too high as you need room to firmly squeeze the slurry and bring out the delicious nut milk.
* Store in an airtight jar or bottle in the fridge to keep fresh. If stored correctly, this will last 4-5 days.
* For a rich creamier consistency, reduce the amount of water and add a pinch of sea salt before blending)