4. If you’re not feeling motivated, just focus on putting on your running gear. Often that’s half the battle.
And if you’re really concerned you won’t even make it that far, some people recommend sleeping in your running clothes so you have no excuse when you wake up!
7. If you’re running to music, pick songs with BPMs (beats per minute) that match your pace.
Find out what you should be running to here.
8. Try listening to a book on tape or a podcast if you’re going on longer runs.
It helps time pass when you’re out running for a while, and wanting to hear the next chapter can help motivate you to lace up in the first place.
18. When buying new running shoes, ask if they have the older model of the shoe you’re looking for.
The changes from model to model are usually fairly minor, and you can sometimes save a ton of money by opting for the other, just as good shoe.
- A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a South Carolina officer who fatally shot Walter Scott, an unarmed black man, in 2015.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are nowhere close to finding a cause.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎
- People are cringing (and laughing) at this Forever 21 necklace they think is taking the choker trend too far 😬