3. Here’s what you will need:
* 4 1/2 tsps grated lime zest
* 1/2 cup lime juice (3-4 limes)
* 4 egg yolks
* 1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
* 11 graham crackers
* 3 Tbsps. granulated sugar
* 5 Tbsps. unsalted butter (melted)
* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
* 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Whisk zest and yolks in a bowl until tinted light green, about two minutes. Beat in the milk and juice then set aside at room temperature to thicken.
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. crush graham crackers in a bag, then mix in sugar and butter. Make sure to mix thoroughly, then press into muffin pan. Bake for eight minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Pour filling into the crust, then bake until it has a slight jiggle. (~15-17 minutes~), then cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate until chilled (2-3 hours).
Whip heavy cream and slowly add the sugar. Once partially whipped, add lemon zest, then whip until it creates firm peaks.