1. Glee returns Thursday, Sept. 26 with its Season 5 premiere, which will be the first episode since Cory Monteith’s death.
2. But as we brace ourselves to get to know the extended McKinley High family sans Finn Hudson, let’s take a look at where we left off with the Season 4 finale, “All or Nothing.”
Note: Monteith did not appear in the Season 4 finale or in the two episodes that preceded it because he was spending time in rehab. His character was last seen in the April episode “Sweet Dreams,” which had Finn heading off to college to earn a teaching degree at the University of Lima. He started doing a little to much partying with his new roommate Puck (Mark Salling), but eventually got his priorities back in order. Monteith had intended on returning for Glee’s fifth season before he died on July 13 of a drug overdose.
4. Anyway, back at McKinley, it was time for Regionals for the 307492874th time!
5. And in New York, Rachel was auditioning for Funny Girl with a rendition of Celine Dion’s “To Love You More.”
8. Blaine was shopping for an engagement ring for Kurt and lucky for him, the woman helping him at the store was an older lesbian who wanted to guide him in the ways of gay marriage!
How freaking cute is Patty Duke?
9. Oh, and Sue’s baby daddy is Michael Bolton. And this was Mr. Schue’s face when he found out:
12. And then Jan proposed!!!!!!
And it was adorable, but also, kind of a little thunder-stealy, TBH.
15. Backstage, Brittany revealed that she would be leaving to go to M.I.T. Then, Kurt and Mercedes understandably made these faces:
17. But, good news: New Directions won Regionals!
19. All the while, Blaine was holding on to a certain little black box.
21. Though we’re saying goodbye to some familiar faces, like Heather Morris (who’s expecting a baby) and Amber Riley (who’s currently kicking ass on “Dancing With the Stars”), there will be some new ones as well…
22. Here’s Santana and her new love interest Dani (Demi Lovato):
23. And Adam Lambert with Chris Colfer. He’ll be playing Kurt’s nemesis at NYADA.
24. The third episode of Season 5, titled “The Quarterback,” will air on Thursday, Oct. 10 and will pay tribute to Cory Monteith.
25. And (tissue time), Ryan Murphy tweeted this today in preparation for the episode.
Glee First Look
26. This is reportedly the synopsis for the episode:
“In the wake of Finn’s sudden death, former members of New Directions return to McKinley to remember their fallen friend. While a stoic Mr. Schue encourages all the gleeks to ‘memorialize him the way we do everything — by singing about it,’ some of the kids find the exercise more cathartic than others. At the Hudson-Hummel home, Kurt, Burt and Carole sort through Finn’s belongings and what begins as a somber occasion blossoms into a poignant and much needed family moment.
Meanwhile, Emma grows concerned when she believes Will is so busy taking care of others that he’s not allowing himself time to grieve; Santana struggles with using her ‘bitch’ mask to hide her fond feelings for Finn, and has a run in with Bree, McKinley’s ‘New Santana’; and following a heart-to-heart with Coach Beiste, Puck honors Finn’s memory by making a life-changing decision about his future.”
27. Are you prepared for Glee’s upcoming emotional season? Tune in for the premiere on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Fox.
- The Trump administration has proposed "massive tax cuts" that would cut taxes across the board for people and businesses.
- President Trump has signed an executive order that calls into questions national monument designations made in the past two decades.
- Venezuelans are trying to crowdfund money to leave the country amid food shortages and political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲