2. On Sunday, he won an Oscar for Best Original Song with his wife, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, which makes him a new member of the elite EGOT club, meaning he’s won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony.
To date, he’s won three Tony Awards — for Best Original Score (for Avenue Q) in 2004, for Best Book of a Musical (for The Book of Mormon) in 2011, and for Best Original Score (for The Book of Mormon) in 2011 as well — two Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition (for The Wonder Pets) in 2008 and 2010, and a Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album (for The Book of Mormon) in 2012.
3. Here are the Lopezes with their daughters, whom they thanked during their acceptance speech (which they partially sang).
5. And in the press room after their win, this happened:
- It's on: Hillary Clinton has officially accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination with some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌