2. On Sunday, he won an Oscar for Best Original Song with his wife, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, which makes him a new member of the elite EGOT club, meaning he’s won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony.
To date, he’s won three Tony Awards — for Best Original Score (for Avenue Q) in 2004, for Best Book of a Musical (for The Book of Mormon) in 2011, and for Best Original Score (for The Book of Mormon) in 2011 as well — two Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition (for The Wonder Pets) in 2008 and 2010, and a Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album (for The Book of Mormon) in 2012.
3. Here are the Lopezes with their daughters, whom they thanked during their acceptance speech (which they partially sang).
5. And in the press room after their win, this happened:
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔