30 Clever Pet Products That’ll Probably Make A Huge Difference To Your Weekly Routine
Because you shouldn't worry about your taxing routine when you can worry about playtime instead.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Burt's Bees waterless shampoo to help wipe any dirt and debris from your cat after their backyard adventure. This is great for super finicky cats who would not even dare walk past a bath.
2. A self-cleaning litter box to please the kitty in your life who absolutely, will NOT use their litter box if there is even a speck of, ahem, used litter inside.
3. An interactive toy that sporadically shoots out a feather from different holes in its side. It's basically like Whac-A-Mole for your cat — your cat will go wild over this.
4. An Oxyfresh water additive for the cat in your life who is quite particular about their dental snacks. This water additive is flavorless, meaning that your cat won't even know that they're drinking something that will make their breath smell fresh and their teeth and gums stronger.
5. A fluffy wall perch if your cat would prefer to lounge on top of your shelves instead of their bed. Suddenly you have control over your home again.
6. An automatic cat feeder for the feline in your life who seems to never stop meowing for food. This will ensure that your cat does not overeat, or undereat if you, by chance, forget that it's dinnertime for them.
7. A jar of catnip buds so that your finicky cat can writhe around in the relaxation that comes with eating catnip. I have this catnip for my cats, and I find that since the catnip is still in its buds (as opposed to being ground), it stays fresher for longer.
8. A double-duty litter deodorizer if, no matter what you do, your cat's litter box has a presence that just won't quit. This deodorizer will lock in unwanted scents that'll have you wondering if your cat even uses their litter box.
9. An electronic odor eliminator, since, sometimes, the scents your cats make can almost be as demanding as they are. Use this deodorizer anywhere your cat's scent seems to be most prominent.
10. A bag of brushless toothpaste treats for your dog who prefers to munch on snacks rather than brush their teeth. These treats are great for controlling plaque buildup that can otherwise cause tooth decay.
11. A pack of wool-felt cat toys, because your cats deserve something cute to play with that won't cause too much of a mess in your home. Since these toys are made of wool-felt, they're extremely simple to clean with a damp washcloth or a paper towel.
12. A Greenies Pill Pocket for cats that's like a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. Simply hide the pill inside the treat, press the treat to mold it around the pill, and watch your cat enjoy.
13. An air purifier to rid the air in your home of pet hair, pet dander, and anything else that might be floating around you.
14. A grooming rake with rotating metal teeth because whether your long-haired cat or furry dog deals with matted hair, you will want to groom them before their tresses ever become an issue.
15. A calming spray, which is perfect for the rambunctious kitty in your life who needs a lesson in chill. This spray contains calming pheromones and catnip, so that your kitty can finally sit back and relax.
16. A no-tug harness that'll make morning strolls pain-free. Harnesses are always the answer when looking for a pair to your leash because collars are a bit rough around dogs' necks (especially when it comes to our senior community).
18. A dog-feeding reminder, because when you are feeding yourself, a family, and a dog all before logging into your daily string of Zoom meetings, sometimes things slip your mind. This'll make sure you never have to worry about your loyal friend missing a meal again.
19. An allergy supplement by Zesty Paws that's said to boost the immune system of pups who tend to spend their free time itching and scratching themselves.
20. A cord protector for your kitty who thinks that all your charging cords are chew toys. This product provides that one-two punch of protecting your cats from chewing on dangerous wires while streamlining a corner of a room that may be riddled with cords.
21. A professional-strength odor and stain remover that I personally use whenever my cats have an accident. This spray works amazingly for puppy mistakes, too.
22. A pet moisturizing lotion to protect the cracked skin on your puppy's paws and nose. This natural formula contains shea butter, which is *amaaazing* for soothing cuts and dry skin.
23. A self-cleaning brush with retractable teeth to make cleanup after a good brushing experience so easy, you'll wish you had purchased it sooner.
24. A set of adjustable outdoor leggings to protect your dog's paws from city debris, deep puddles, or anything else that might hinder your daily stroll through the neighborhood.
25. A probiotic for dogs by Zesty Paws, since, sometimes, a bad breath doesn't even come from the mouth — it can come from the stomach! If your dog has tummy issues, any odors can travel up their digestive tract and exit through their mouth. Consider these probiotics if brushing alone does not help to ease their bad breath.
26. A silicone cat bowl mat, because messes are inevitable when dinnertime rolls around. This will keep your floors food-free, and will also protect them from water damage if your cat is the type to splash their water bowl before drinking.
27. A Kong chew toy to keep your dog preoccupied as they dream of chewing up other things in your home, like the legs of chairs, or your favorite pair of sneakers.
28. A Petmate litter pan for those of you who have dogs, too. Your dog will not be able to reach inside of this box to dig, and your cat's paws will remain dust-free thanks to the litter trap at the top of this box.
29. A furniture protector to ensure that your suede or leather couch stays as good as new, no matter how much your dog sheds, and no matter how much your cat loves to scratch at surfaces.
30. And a Gorilla Grips litter box mat so that you'll never have to worry about stepping on litter ever again. This mat traps litter and dust from your cat's paws, and is washable, too.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.