31 Home Pieces From Target That’ll Easily Stand Out On Their Own
These bright, funky pieces speak for themselves.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A three-drawer dresser that can also act as a nightstand, or even a filing cabinet in your home office. Storage has never looked better.
Promising review: “I'm not one to leave reviews, but this piece from Opalhouse is so amazing. This freaking dresser looks SO GOOD. It looks SO expensive. It is pretty dang big for a three-drawer. Honestly, look up three drawer dressers on luxury furniture sites, and they cost two to three times as much, and this is honestly just as good as any designer furniture I've ever seen. I'm such a huge fan.” —Melanie
3. A teal blue glass soap dispenser that is basically what you, a glamorous human being, would look like if you were a soap dispenser.
Promising review: "I have had two of these in my bathrooms for over a year now & I LOVE THEM! They work great and haven’t worn down. The color is just beautiful with the teal and gold. So unique and pretty. Usually after a year, these kinds of dispensers stop working or the gold wears off, but these have held up beautifully." —Blissfullbeauty
4. A striped throw pillow to bring some sunny vibes into your living room and help you lounge after a long and taxing day.
5. A blue velvet swivel armchair, because how is a chic interior complete without a little bit of velvet? This chair will work great in your reading nook, or at your desk since it swivels.
7. An arched upholstered headboard that not only has a vibrant color, but a cool print, too! If you are in need of a quick spruce up for your bedroom, consider purchasing a headboard — they're easy to install and immediately become the focal point of your room (without being too much of an investment).
Promising review: "The [color] is absolutely stunning — even more beautiful in person than it is in the pictures. Set up was very easy and the frame fit my queen bed perfectly. It was such an easy way to change the entire look of my bedroom." —stormi
Price: $351+ (available in 22 colors and in sizes twin-California king)
9. A wooden armchair that is as cozy and inviting as a flannel shirt. Consider this chair if you are looking to liven up that empty corner in your rustic living room.
Promising review: "My chair came in perfect condition. The wood is beautiful and warm, smooth and no flaws in the stain. I put it together by myself and found it simple yet took time and some upper arm strength to hold the wood arms stable while screwing in the hardware. The chair is so sturdy, too." –Courtney
Price: $255+ (available in eight colors)
11. A four-piece set of tie-dye bamboo kitchen utensils that I've had for about two months now, and they're still as bright as ever! I love how vibrant these kitchen utensils are, and more importantly, how they never bleed their dye or soak up any color from the sauces I cook.
12. A pair of colorful industrial chic metal stools, because a home studio simply isn't complete without brightly colored stools.
13. A hammered metal accent table that can act as an end table, a night stand, or even a decor base. The opportunities with this modern table are endless, and luckily, it's available in colors that'll suit every room in your home.
14. A decorative cabinet with glass-paned doors and adjustable storage shelves, because whether you are looking to house extra linens, display fine china, or show off your maximalist beauty collection, investing in storage is never a bad idea.
15. A double-sided mustard velvet duvet and sham set that brings some ~foxy~ '70s vibes to your bedroom, while still remaining cool enough for 2021. This duvet and sham set is reversible, meaning that you can switch between the solid mustard velvet side and the bright peacock print design on the reverse side whenever your heart desires a change.
Promising review: "I'm obsessed, I've been patiently waiting for this set to launch and ordered it as soon as it did. I love the design but was hesitant that the velvet would look too cheap or that this would be too heavy for use during a hot Texas summer. Thankfully, I was wrong! The velvet side is soft and light, and the printed side is not scratchy at all. I sleep hot and I don't have a problem with this comforter, the printed side is actually cooling." —stea99
Price: $39+ (available in three sizes)
16. A rattan sunburst mirror with turquoise accent stitching, just in case your beachy decor is missing a pop of color.
Promising review: "This mirror is beautiful and well-made. I needed to fill a large space on the wall, but needed something delicate and airy. This rattan mirror was perfect. It already has a sturdy hook attached to the back; it’s lightweight enough that it’s not awkward to hang." —Cindy T
17. A two-drawer console table that can work as a writing desk in your study, or a vanity in your bedroom — anywhere you want something cute yet functional.
18. A pair of spindle-back wooden chairs, because eating food should be fun, and the space you eat your food in should be vibrant! And if you're not looking to spruce up your dining room, these lovely chairs also pair well with your vintage desk.
This set includes two dining chairs.
Promising review: "We have six of these around a round kitchen table. Very cheery color. Clean, classic lines, comfortable seat, and back, do not seem like they will chip easily (we have little kids and a baby that climb on them and we have boosters strapped into two of them), a nice weight that feels high quality. Great price too." —Timmy T
Price: $205 (available in five colors)
20. A curved ottoman, because there is *no* reason why you shouldn't kick your feet up in style at the end of the day. Not in the mood for kicking back? That's fine, too — this ottoman also works well as extra seating.
Promising review: "Great little multifunctional ottoman! Perfect size and height for extra seating or to use to prop up your feet by the couch. For us, it double duties as project seating around coffee table for my 8 year old. Love the easy clean microfiber material. Nice neutral shade of soft grey. Great buy!" —Ceecee899
Price: $125+ (available in 18 colors)
21. A heathered knit throw blanket that will wrap you in cozy warmth during cool nights, and add a fun touch to your space with its bright hues and tassels.
22. A lemon print comfort mat, because yes, comfortable things should feel good, but they should look good, too! Consider this comfort mat if your hard kitchen floors wreak havoc on your knees, and if your current black comfort mat wreaks havoc on your interior design taste.
23. A plastic textured tumbler that you can use for stylish sipping during outdoor barbecues or dinners with the entire family (kids included, since these plastic tumblers are tough to break). They come in five colors, so consider getting one of each to add an extra flair to your dining room table.
Promising review: "At first I thought hmmm... let me buy these cups for my kids because they won’t break easily. Now, whenever I have guests come over, I give them drinks in these cups and get compliments on the color and design on them. All I can say is this cup is worth the $2 and change." —Jackielo4
Price: $2 (available in five colors)
24. A pair of abstract fruit print kitchen towels, because kitchen spills rarely ever spark joy. So you may as well clean up kitchen messes with something that *will* spark joy.
25. A textured pouf to add a beachy flair to your living space, while also providing a soft place for you to rest your feet.
26. A tufted chaise sofa that *definitely* would have made Marie Antoinette ask, "where'd you get that?"
Promising review: "Above average construction for this type of mass-produced furniture. Comfy and sturdy enough for everyday use — perfect as an accent piece — we have only had the couch for about a month. The linen covering is nice and reasonably soft to the touch, rather than some scratchy fabrics, and the color was perfect for our needs." —Joe
Price: $874+ (available in 15 colors)
27. A porcelain dinnerware set, because it pretty much belongs on the set of a Wes Anderson film. And you can't really get any brighter than a Wes Anderson film.
29. A floral armchair, for when you're looking to up the design ante on your reading nook. This chair will make you feel as if you are living the plot of whichever Edwardian novel you're currently reading.
Promising review: "I love this chair. I bought it to use as a desk chair and it’s a good height and depth for that. It has a good bottom cushion that is really comfy but still supportive enough to get work done. The Peacock Mystere color is really rich and vibrant. I love it!" —Darkblusky
Price: $384+ (available in 22 colors)
30. A decorative ladder that works if you, like many, haven't got the extra space in your cozy (that means small) city apartment to store your bath linens. Plus, it comes with hooks to hang your loofah or dry brush! You really ~can~ have it all, while still having your space look airy and bright.
Promising review: “I just love the way this ladder looks. I didn't realize it came with four S hooks (and you could easily buy more of if you wanted them). The wood color is beautiful and is also very smooth. I did not find any rough spots on the wood anywhere that would snag on fabric. I've been eyeing this ladder for a while and finally bought it. I'm so glad I did." —Alaska Daisy
31. And a sparkling yuzu scented candle, because there's virtually nothing more attention-grabbing than citrus fruits. This candle is relatively large and has two wicks, meaning that it'll fill your space with bright scents in no time.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.