1. On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, which was filming in Orlando to celebrate Universal Studio’s Diagon Alley extension to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Tariq and The Roots performed a Harry Potter-inspired rap and it was incredible.
Tariq, who Jimmy described as “one of the biggest Harry Potter fans out there,” took Questlove’s beat and launched into some fantastic fantastical rhymes: “Yo, lend me an Extendable Ear, then another ear / Hit the Three Broomsticks, give me a Butterbeer…”
2. Who knew Hogwarts hip-hop was going to be the hottest release of the week? Enjoy, you music-loving Muggles:
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏