1. Expectation: You'll spend your days working in a cute neighborhood café with a cappuccino.
Reality: You won't leave your couch for weeks at a time.
2. Expectation: You'll have time for morning gym sessions and mid-afternoon yoga classes.
Reality: You won't even have time to walk to the mailbox — let alone attend an exercise class.
3. Expectation: You'll have a great network of self-employed friends to hang out with while you work.
Reality: You'll spend so much time alone with just your computer.
4. Expectation: Because you can set your own rate, you'll make so much more money.
Reality: Competition is fierce so you might not always be able to negotiate for your desired pay.
5. Expectation: Without a nine-to-five, your schedule will be so much more flexible so you'll have a lot of "me time."
Reality: You'll be working way more hours than you ever have in your life.
6. Expectation: You'll have a perfectly organized and gorgeously styled desk.
Reality: You'll be taking notes on the backs of all the old receipts you're saving. And you can barely find your phone in the mess.
7. Expectation: You'll be dressed fabulously for all of your important client meetings.
Reality: Most of your meetings will take place over the phone while you're in your pajamas.
8. Expectation: You'll have time to prepare healthy lunches at home.
Reality: Lunch is ramen. Every single day.
9. Expectation: Being your own boss will be a dream come true.
Reality: Motivating yourself when you don't have anyone to hold you accountable isn't always easy.
10. Expectation: You'll have tons of time for taking the vacations of your dreams.
Reality: Because you don't have paid vacation days, you're always on call.
11. Expectation: You'll LOVE all of your clients.
Reality: You really won't love all of your clients.
QuickBooks Self-Employed is here to make things a little easier when life doesn't live up to your expectations.
And with QuickBooks Self-Employed, you’ll receive an estimate on how much money you need to set aside for taxes!