We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A cup holder because have you tried to walk around the airport while holding your luggage handle, your personal bag on your elbow, your phone in one hand, your drink in the other, and your breakfast somewhere in-between? It's a MESS.
2. A set of packing cubes to masterfully pack all of your absolute weekend essentials without having to sacrifice your most prized industrial hair dryer you can't live without.
Includes a large bag, medium cube, underwear bag, makeup bag, flat bag, shoe bag, and a laundry bag!
Promising review: "So versatile, and the material is great! Game changer for a person who travels a lot. Color exactly as depicted." —Taylor Mortensen
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in six colors).
3. A three-piece luggage set so you never have to worry if you have the right size luggage for your next weekend trip. This set includes a perfect carry-on size, a smaller checked bag, and a larger one for the bigger vacations.
They also have TSA locks and 360 degree wheels.
Promising review: "My family travels internationally, which means lots of airplane transfers, rail, ferry loading and unloading. Each member has their own set. Only one cosmetic scuff has appeared. About to order another set for my mother as we are taking her to London, Scotland, and Ireland for the holidays. We rarely use the middle size. The small size we carry on, and the largest size we check. Very pleased with maneuvering and durability of wheels on various rough surfaces. The retractable handle makes for easy storage on ferries and railway. We’ve had zero issues with locking mechanism. We are a family of four with kids age 8 and 12." —ChiefLaughALot
Get it from Amazon for $161.49+ (available in 17 colors).
4. An SD card reader to effortlessly transfer all of those high-quality photos you're taking on your trip straight to your phone for easy social media sharing.
Support all iPhones with iOS 9.2 and up and iPads with iOS 8.0 or later.
Promising review: "Sleek, compact, and it does what it says it's going to do! As a photographer for a rock band, it's important to be able to get the great shots out on social media as soon as we can. The minute the set is over, I pop my card out, connect it to my phone with the product, and get the shots on social media within a few minutes. I saw lots of people using this for hunting game cameras as well. Regardless of what you're using it for, this product gets the job done with style. Thank you!" —Donald Bryan Spitko
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
5. A super compact portable charger because after spending an entire day at Disney taking photos, there's nothing I believe someone needs more when they travel than one of these bad boys.
It can charge an iPhone 8 up to 1.5 times and a iPhone X one full time.
Promising review: "The holy grail of portable chargers!!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation, and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want a carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty color, and I get one full charge of battery for my phone. Get it; you will not be disappointed!" —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in five colors).
6. Road trip games that'll keep everyone in the back seat entertained for hours while you get some much-needed "you time." It's perfect for parents who prefer their kids not look at screens the entire trip!
Capable By Design is a small business based in Saint John, Indiana that sells custom T-Shirts, towels, pillows, and many other accessories.
If you have an idea for a type of game you want for your kids, you can personalize this product, and the seller will help bring it to life!
7. A stick-on shade to block the sun's bright rays and also all the haters from judging you for napping in your backseat during a road trip break. Mind ya business.
8. A first aid clutch kit because who said being prepared during a weekend trip couldn't be stylish? Not me. I would never.
What's included: 6 antiseptic cleansing wipes, 6 sting relief pads, 6 alcohol pads, 10 safety pins, 18 cotton swabs, 10 fabric bandages, 5 knuckle bandages, 5 finger bandages, 2 butterfly bandages, 5 gauze pads, and 1 gauze tape. Whew!
Promising review: "I carry this in my purse 24/7! I get cuts and scrapes all the time. It’s the perfect size, and the design is super cute. I love the little quote on the inside cover. It has absolutely everything I need; I’ve tried a couple of other “emergency” packs/pouches, and they just always had something missing. This one is just perfect." —Alexis Trombley
Get it from Amazon for $26.
9. A personal clothes steamer so you don't have to deal with the dreaded "travel wrinkles" all of your favorite tops will inevitably get. Plus, who wants to iron while on vacation?
You'll get 15 minutes of continuous steaming.
Promising review: "Fantastic little device! This is going to work great for travel purposes! It’s small and compact, which makes it easy to pack away in travel bags. It’s convenient when you don’t have the option to use an iron and ironing board, because you can smooth out wrinkles while the shirt hangs up. It was very easy to setup, easy to use, and worked like a charm." —Richard
Get it from Amazon for $25.50.
10. No Cow protein bars to hold you and your family off during your roadtrip until dinnertime, which at this point seems so far away, but I have faith — and the chocolate brownie bar will save the day.
Each bar comes with a whoppin' 21 grams of protein! Plus it's keto, low sugar, dairy free, gluten free, vegan, *and* nonGMO.
Promising review: "I am absolutely in LOVE with the No Cow Bar. My all-time favorite is hands-down the Chocolate Brownie Bar though. I love how thick, filling, and natural tasting the bars are. Whenever I see them in stores, I’m always heading over to pick a few up!! I definitely recommend trying out these bars!" —Tammy
Get a box of 12 from Amazon for $27.99 (available in 13 flavors).
11. An air mattress, because is there anything more uncomfortable than trying to sleep in the front seats during a road trip? Okay maybe, like, two other things, but this is on the top of *my* list!
It comes with one air mattress, two inflatable pillows, one inflator/deflator pump, and one storage bag.
Promising review: "I have to say that this is amazing! This bed can be used in a truck or the back of a car, which is so practical. The machine it comes with helps it inflate quickly. It can also be used anytime you're camping, not just in a car. It shocked me how spacious the back seat was with this air mattress. And the cushion is very comfortable. It's easily portable because it's not heavy at all. Such good quality!" —Amy
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in five colors).
12. An essential oil diffuser that allows you to add drops of your absolutely favorite essential oil to the felt pads and have your car smelling amazing the second the AC blows through the vents, minimizing the smell of stinky feet in the back seat.
It comes with 12 felt pads, and doesn't come with oils; don't forget to grab a pack of essential oils before you checkout!
Promising review: "High quality! I was not expecting such a hearty piece of hardware! Came with plenty of little pads. The clasp has a built-in magnet and a slight clip to it, so it has a good strong hold closed. Also, the clips that attach to the vent are built solid, too. Beautiful designs on front. I put a few drops of oil on mine and put it in my car, and the whole car is scented! Comes in a cute little package perfect for gifts. Will be buying again for second car and as gifts! 100% recommend!" —Alaina
Get a set of 2 and 12 felt scent pads from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in two colors).
13. Or a handmade diffuser where you can choose from a variety (33!!) of scents, really making it *yours*. You (and your car) will be going on your weekend trip in utter style with this cutie dangling from your rear view mirror.
I finally bought a few for myself, and I'm already obsessed! It's hard to choose which scent, but I ended up buying eight different ones, and I can confirm that they all smell amazing! It's super easy to set up (follow the care instructions so you don't make a mess!), and it looks so pretty in my car. It worked instantly, and now every time I open my car door, I get a lovely subtle smell of amber and vanilla. It's perfect!
Amber and Wood Co. is a small business based out of Valparaiso, Indiana that sells thoughtfully sourced aromatic goods such as diffusers and candles.
Promising review: "This is the cutest diffuser I’ve ever purchased, and the car smells amazing. I can’t wait to try other scents as the seasons change. They’re quick and easy to use. And shipping was quick!" —Jennifer Wingard
14. A foldable toiletry bag to conveniently store literally *all* of your toiletries in one place. The best part? It has a hook to hang it for easy reachin'!
15. A brush holder because there's nothing that makes me sadder than opening my luggage and seeing my brushes have been crushed in a weird position for over eight hours. 😢
Promising review: "I am one of those people who heavily relies on other peoples' reviews but rarely leaves my own. However, this little item is GENIUS. When it arrived, I thought it would be too short, but it fits all of my MAC brushes and even my tallest LAURA MERCIER brush. When zipped for travel, it lays FLAT. A quick unzip and flip of the fabric, and it is a sturdy brush caddy with easy access. Great, Great, GREAT!!!" —Kimberly S.
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in two sizes and nine styles).
16. A compact trash bin to keep your car tidy and clean throughout the road trip without the hassle of picking everything up off the floor at the next rest stop.
This 1.85-gallon trashcan has adjustable straps and a waterproof interior, and it's leakproof!
Promising review: "This is a very convenient addition to my car and fits perfectly without being in the way of passengers in the second row seating area. I highly recommend. Fits easily in vehicles that have a center armrest in the front passenger seating area. Universal fit." —Paula D. Thomas
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in three sizes).
17. Or if you like a little more ✨ pizzazz ✨, some trash cans that hook to the back of the car seat, or really anywhere in your car *and* there are tons of pattern options to choose from!
Oh So Pretty Boutique is a small business based out of Houston, Texas that makes handmade bags and accessories.
Promising review: "I love my new bag!!!! It is so well-made, and I love the fabric. It’s the perfect size to not be too bulky in my car. I will definitely be ordering from them again!" —Emma Margavio
18. A jewelry organizer so you can not only keep your weekend trip trinkets organized and easily accessible, but it'll also prevent them from getting annoyingly tangled.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this product!! Came exactly as advertised. The feel is nice quality, and zippers and pockets all good quality. My favorite is the necklace compartment! The separate elastic bands really do prevent my necklaces from tangling together. Everything is easy to see and store. I highly recommend buying this for yourself or as a gift!" —Kristid
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in two sizes and nine colors).
19. A Lay-N-Go makeup bag for the person who doesn't really *care* about organizing their products when traveling. You're just a "throw it all in a bag and go on your weekend trip" kind of person, and I like that about you.
Promising review: "I LOVE this bag! I’m actually a very precise, organized person, but the bundle of scattered makeup items really works for me. New vanity center drawer is too small, difficult to keep my things. As photos illustrate, bag is kept in deeper drawer, then retrieved while in use. Then back to the drawer until next time." —Neverland
Get a 20-inch bag from Amazon for $27.95 (available in four sizes and 27 colors).
20. A tablet holder that'll easily mount on the headrest, making it easy for your kids to binge all the Studio Ghibli films during the road trip and not have to tire their arms holding the screen up. Or worse, drop it when they fall asleep.
It has a 360-degree rotation ability, so you'll always find the perfect angle! Also, it extends forward up to 9.8 inches!
Promising review: "We got this and have used it on long car rides for our kids. Its ability to twist and turn is amazing. We love how it could extend further out or to the side, which made it easy for both kids to watch something since the headrest is not very centrally located. It is very easy to install, and it held my phone and surface pro because of the ability to adjust." —Laura
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
21. A tissue holder so when that sad song on your "Road Trip Essentials" playlist plays, you're ready for it.
Tiger98 is a small business based in San Angelo, Texas that sells handmade items for your car.
Promising review: "Obsessed! It’s so perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I love the pattern and got a matching trash holder, too! It also came with a pack of tissues, which I appreciate so much! If I could give it 10 stars, I would!" —Traci Adams
22. A set of Sea Bands perfect for anyone who deals with constant nausea and motion sickness, or migraines brought on by traveling. I have the absolute WORST motion sickness. I'm talking like...if I turn my head too quickly I get sick. These bands target an acupuncture point on your wrists meant to help reduce nausea! You'll basically go from 🥴 to 😊.
Promising review: "So I get car sick, sea sick, air sick, 3D movie sick. I get motion sickness at a drop of a hat. Being in my mid-thirties, I would have thought I'd grown out of it by now, but no such luck. When I decided to go on a second cruise, I bought these thinking they wouldn't do anything and that I would return them once I got home. I was pleasantly surprised and found that these helped me tremendously. I wore them all the time over the course of my five-day cruise and was never sick during my vacation. I was stunned. My first cruise I got so sea sick the first day and ended up in a foggy haze the rest of the trip since I took so much Dramamine. Considering how cheap these were compared to popping pills, I should have bought them a long time ago. Great little product and I can't believe how well they worked. I bought a second pair for the car, so if I ever feel sick, I can just put these on. I would highly recommend, even for the skeptical." —KristinaK
Get a set of two from Amazon for $8.59.
23. A passport and vaccine card holder that'll make going through the security lines at the airport unbelievably easy.
It has built in RFID Blocking!
Promising review: "I was looking for a way to keep my vaccine card safe and thought this was a great option to protect the card and my passport. It's the perfect size to hold both, and even comes with a tiny pen! There are spots for credit cards, etc., so definitely functions as a small wallet as well if you don't need to carry cash. Very happy with this purchase!" —Stephanie Hotze
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 45 colors).
24. A silicone mat for your hot hair tools to not only protect the counters from heat, but when you're in a rush to head out the hotel room, you can just slip the hot tool in your pouch and be on your way!
Promising review: "I love love LOVE this product! I usually straighten my hair in the bathroom, and this protects my counter top from being damaged. It also prevents my curling iron from rolling off of the counter! Which always happened to me before I bought this. Sometimes, I curl my hair in front of my floor-length mirror and sit on the floor. My floor is carpeted, and this product keeps my carpet from getting burned! (My curler goes up to 450 degrees). When I move the mat, the carpet feels warm, but not hot. I have also placed my straightener inside, and it works great. I LOVE IT! Definitely recommend!!!" —Amazon customer
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in seven colors).