35 Products That'll Convince Your Pet You're Actually Worth Having Around
Some would say you adopted your pet; your pet would say the opposite.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of dog poop bags that'll satisfy your dog's favorite pastime: watching you clean up their poop. "Ahh, yes. Clean my poo. Yes, everyone's watching you. You gotta do it." —Simon, your Maltese.
Promising review: "Love that I can always tell which end to open by looking at the cute doggy Logo. Cannot begin to explain how much time I have wasted trying to open the wrong end of a plain bag. Problem solved with these bags...I just make sure the cute dog is facing up and ears towards the opening end. Genius! I also love the scent. It is just a perfect amount to smell good without being over the top perfume smell." —J.O.
Get a pack of 18 rolls from Amazon for $13.29 (available in two sizes and two styles).
2. Allergy supplements because there's nothing quite as uncomfortable for your pup than getting a hot spot or seasonal allergies. These are packed with Omega 3, Prebiotics, *and* Probiotics to support their immune system, histamine, and digestive health. We love a healthy queen.
Promising review: "I do not know how my dog survived this long being allergic to everything: wheat, corn, pollen, grass, sunshine, fresh air, etc., but we have tried so many different things trying to help him be comfortable and social and fed. My vet prescribed Apoquel to help alleviate itching, but after reading online how bad it can be for dogs in the long run I decided to search for a healthy alternative. So after lots of research I found these, and BOY they are life changing!!!! He’s like a brand-new healthy boy! Every morning he takes his 'multivitamins' and they’re yummy, so it’s like a treat for him. His coat is softer and growing in thicker due to less itching. His inner thighs are completely hairless, and before the multivitamins he had a constant rash that would hinder him from a lot of playing outside, and now it’s completely clear of any bumps and redness, and he’s the happiest, healthiest boy!! I cannot stress how much these allergy immune bites have helped, and no, this is not a sponsored review (but email me if you want a dog model). Truthfully, these are a healthy alternative to Apoquel, and we have had 100% success with it and will be lifelong customers (or spokespeople — again, email me)." —Megan
Get 90-count container from Amazon for $28.97 (available in four styles and a larger size).
3. A treat ball your guinea pig, rabbit, or hedgehog is sure to have a ~ball~ (get it?) playing with. It will not only keep them active, but will also engage their natural foraging instincts, and who doesn't want that?
The adjustable opening makes this work for kibble, pea flakes, small diced carrot, dried herbs or dried fruit.
Promising review: "I have two standard Rex rabbits. A fully grown one (about 10 pounds) and 9-week old baby (the size of a guinea pig). Both absolutely have a blast playing with these balls. The baby has even managed to get the ball into the water dish. So, I wonder if he's learned to pick it up and throw it by the treat dispensing opening. The ball's treat dispensing opening is adjustable in size to accommodate different sized yummy surprises or difficulty level. They get great enjoyment trying to get either pieces of vegetables or some food pellets out of it that I've put inside." —PPG
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
4. A dog feeding reminder, because sometimes it's hard to remember if we really ~did~ feed the pup and they hate that. Especially when they always act like they haven't eaten in 64 days. Nice try, Harry Pawter.
Promising review: "Awesome product! There are four of us who were working together to feed the dogs. It simplified everything because I no longer have to text to see if anyone had fed them every morning. Now I just to see if it's green and if not, I feed them and indicate it, we all love it so much!" —Toni Deegan
Get it from Amazon for $11.95.
5. Natural paw butter made with oatmeal to keep your pup's paws smooth and fresh, in basically every single season.
This eco-friendly product is pH balanced for cats and safe if licked or swallowed! It's got shea butter, oatmeal, mango, vitamins E and F, coconut oil, olive oil, and aloe vera to soothe ~all~ the cracked paws.
Promising review: "One of my puppers is a super-athlete who lives to go for walks and on runs. She is about 9 now and the vet gave her a stellar bill of health save one thing: her pads were getting really rough and worn from paved trails and city walks and this may be uncomfortable, especially as summer comes and pavement heats up. I was skeptical about any kind of balm as I figured that it would leave a mess on my floors or one/both dogs would just lick it off their feet. No problems whatsoever, and after a single application, both dogs' pads are really soft and supple. Hopefully the dogs can feel the difference. I can surely see it and feel it. Also, the balm smells like oatmeal cookies, so bonus for that." —LRL
Get it from Amazon for $9.50.
6. And a snout soother because, like their paws, their snout tends to become dry and (painfully) cracked, so it's important to keep this area healthy as well. It can even help protect and heal broken skin!
It's all-natural and vegan!
Promising review: "Well, I have never before been so shocked at the effectiveness of a product. Our 5-year-old Frenchie, Carol, had a nose that was so crusty it was sprouting these long strands of more crust. There was literally crust on crust on crust. The nose had strings of crust. This nose was so crusty and repulsive it was almost beautiful. This nose might have resembled the rarest, most exotic geode to be mined from the rarest mine in Guatemala. A friend recommended Snout Soother for Carol's repulsive nose. I was worried she would just lick it all off and it wouldn't work. We never imagined she could have a regular, soft, moist nose again. Honestly this product is some black magic stuff! Unbelievable results in 3–5 days." —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $5.95.
7. Or a container of paw wax that acts as an invisible boot forming a shield around your pup's paws against sand, hot gravel, snow, and salt.
Promising review: "I'm a very new dog owner of a beautiful Australian Shepard, and I was a little worried when I noticed his paws were very rough. I took action and starting doing some research and it's common in dogs of all sizes however not something to let be. Paws are so essential to dogs just as our feet are to us, so I'm very pleased with this product. It was SUPER easy to apply, 0 scent, and my dog loves when it's time to apply... (I think he knows that means we're going outside). Thanks Mushers! It's a great product." —Juniper
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
8. A pet gate to keep all the annoying things, like that small human who always wants hugs, *away* from your pup so they can get their much-needed quiet time.
Promising review: "I bought this gate for my new puppy to keep him in the kitchen while I’m working, cleaning, etc. It’s perfect! It’s really easy to install, especially because I kept the zip ties on the gate during installation like it recommended. It looks sleek, is easy to open and close, stays open when you need it to, and keeps my puppy at bay! I feel like I will have this gate forever; it’s really sturdy, and with all of the extension options I feel like it will fit in any home." —LizK
Get it from Chewy for $41.99 (available in three colors).
9. A Burt's Bees dander-reducing spray that'll effortless reduce cat dander, leaving their fur oh-so-shiny and soft. They basically won't be able to stop looking at themselves in the mirror. Can you blame them?
This spray has soothing colloidal oat flour and aloe vera so extra soothing vibes. It's also cruelty-free, sulfate and paraben free, *and* pH balanced for your kitty.
Promising review: "I am shocked by how well this stuff works! We have an overweight cat that has trouble grooming her back. She was so full of dandruff and greasy fur, I hated petting her, which made me very sad. Our poor girl looked miserable. We decided to try a bath, but at 13 years old knew she wouldn't enjoy it. While looking for a shampoo for her, I came across this product and decided to try it before torturing her with a bath. After the first application, there was a huge difference! After the second application, her dandruff is GONE. I'm dumbfounded. I dunno how, but it works wonders! She doesn't enjoy the sound of the spray, so it took two of us to get it on her, but by the second time she is getting more used to it and being a little more cooperative. We spray her down and then brush her. She is so soft and shiny! She finally looks healthy, and feels good to pet. I'm very thankful for this product. I don't have to be sad about my kitty anymore!" —Amber Steele
Get it from Amazon for $6.31 (available as a two-pack).
10. A reviewer and dog-loved classic duck plush you probably see *every* dog own, and you don't want your dog to get FOMO, right? Right! Plus, it's absolutely adorable when the duck becomes their new favorite toy and they bring it around everywhere. Reviewers are raving about how their dogs treat it like a teddy bear!
Promising review: "We rescued a sweet boy from a shelter this week; he doesn't seem to have ever been in a home or had any toy ever. As he's been acclimating to his new home, I wanted to give him something that was special and in reading all the reviews on this little duck and seeing so many adorable dogs cuddling with theirs, I knew this was going to be the first toy we gave him. He's all cuddly and still puppyish, so it's understandable that he is curious and likes to nab our kid's toys and sneak them away. When we gave this to him today and reinforced that this was his a few times, he quickly started carrying it with him everywhere he went in the house. Cutest was when he carried it upstairs (which also are a new thing that scare him) to go to bed tonight, then found him cuddling with it sleeping. Highly recommended this little duck as a sweet surprise for probably any dog. Ours doesn't seem to care about the squeaky at all, and his hasn't wanted to chew it up yet, but as he opens up and gets more playful, I think he'll catch on to the idea of playing. For now though it is a great comfort for him." —runsonblackcoffee
Get it from Amazon for $6.87.
11. Or an ever-famous hedgehog toy that every dog seems to be obsessed with. It has a lil' squeaker *and* a grunting noise maker for extra fun!
Promising review: "This is, by far, my dog’s most treasured toy in the entire house. The medium-sized hedgehog is perfect for my corgi/lab mix. She’s incredibly gentle with her toys, so it has survived three years (and counting). Is it durable and sturdy? Absolutely not. Should you expect a $6 fluffy toy to last any amount of time? Hmm, no. Does the delightful 'grunter' bring unmeasurable joy to my pup? Yes, it does! It’s perfect for pup snuggles and gets lots of love and attention in my house. This toy goes through the washer and dryer every month or so, and the squeaker and grunter have held up just fine (some other toys stop working after being washed). Most of the seam-unraveling is from being washed, and it’s very quick and easy to patch up. These hedgehogs will be a staple in my house for many years to come!" —KatS
Get it from Amazon for $4.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and two styles).
12. A highly rated cat dancer toy to not only give your kitty some much-needed exercise, but they'll also have such a blast trying to catch the rolled cardboard!
Promising review: "I have a whole room filled with cat toys that my cat is not interested in. It's funny how the least expensive cat toy I have makes him go crazy. He plays with this until he's panting like a dog, and I have never seen him jump so high. I'm certain this toy will help him lose his belly. He loves it! I highly recommend it!" —Kwoo
Get it from Amazon for $1.67.
13. A Thundershirt jacket that will add moderate compression on your doggo's body, providing them a sense of safety and comfort, reducing their anxiety during scary times — like thunderstorms and fireworks.
Promising review: "This jacket works. Completely calms him down during thunderstorms, fireworks, and gunshots. When a storm starts and I put the jacket on him within five minutes he’s calm. In about 30 minutes he can’t keep his eyes open. Whoever invented this is a genius!" —Paula Hammel
Get it from Amazon for $39.95+ (available in sizes 2XS–XL and two colors).
14. A mountable rock cave for snakes who just want a cozy little place to hide and look out. Attach this bad boy against the glass and they just might decide it's the best place for snoozin' and creepin'.
15. An all-natural itch relief shampoo bar that'll nourish and moisturize your pup's skin while getting their fur clean and looking ~oh so luscious~. Do we expect anything less from Katy Pawry?
Simple Sage Dog Treats is a small business based in Norcross, Georgia, that specializes in all-natural paw balms and soaps for dogs with allergies or skin conditions.
Promising review: "Great product! Very helpful! AMAZING! My dog doesn’t itch anymore and surprisingly it’s soothing for her. Usually after the bath she sleeps or lays down for hours. Just great." —T. French
16. A pack of can covers to protect their wet food from drying out and basically, according to your pet, becoming completely inedible.
Promising review: "My dogs get just a spoonful of canned food as a 'topping' on their twice-daily meals; this means I go through one can a day, and need to cover the half-empty can between meals. The dual ridge on these rubber covers makes it possible to use these on two different sizes of can. These covers seal better than others I had in the past. There's no escaping dog food smell in the fridge." —Legogirl
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $5.99.
17. A lick pad so you can easily distract them with something they'll truly enjoy while you give them the much-hated bath they absolutely need. Maybe bath time isn't so bad...
The pad can stick on any shiny or polished surface, such as tile, granite, or glass!
Promising review: "Our Labradoodle needs a distraction during bathtime and haircut/nail trim. We previously bought a different lick mat that we liked, but the suction cup didn’t work because it was too shallow. This mat has four deep suction cups on the corners with little tabs for easy lift off when you’re done! It stays up on the shower wall and keeps our pup entertained for his bath. The grooves are quite deep and have no variety so it’s easy to clean but if you’re looking for something a little different, just know that this isn’t that." —Cate
Get it from Chewy for $10.95 (available in two styles).
18. A pack of calming chews that use the natural power of colostrum, L-theatine, and thiamine to ease their nervousness. Now I need one for my anxiety and we'll be golden.
Promising review: "I just got a new kitty and he's been really stressed out with this change. He was living in an abandoned house, fending for himself and we rescued him! These chews help calm him down quite a bit. So glad we got these!! Thank you! You saved us all!" —Jayme
Get a pack of 30 from Amazon for $8.50 or Subscribe & Save for $8.08/month (available in four flavors).
19. A ball launcher because let's face it, you probably can't throw their ball far enough for your speedy baby and your arms are getting tired. Play time just got so much more fun.
Promising review: "This is such a genius invention. I'm so happy I don't have to touch my dog's slimy tennis balls anymore, it's so gross. My arm was getting so worn out from trying to throw my dog's ball as far as I could but this thing allows me to chuck the ball all the way to the other side of the park, it's fantastic! My dog has never been more worn out in such a short amount of time, it's so helpful when I don't have time to take her for a long walk to get out her energy. Super happy with this product." —Kristi Merrel
Get it from Amazon for $7.95+ (available in three sizes, six lengths, and with extra balls).
20. A window perch so your kitty can not only have a place to lounge, but they can look out the window and see nature like they're on a front row seat at their favorite concert. The concert? The Backyard ft. Squirrels.
Holds up more than 40-pounds!
Promising review: "This is perfect for our situation. We needed something sturdy that could easily be placed, moved, replaced, and not lose its integrity or leave any marks/wear behind. I was worried when purchasing if the suction cups would hold, and if the material of the hammock would be easily cleaned of hair, etc. After receiving and placing the item, I saw how sturdy the general frame, hammock, and suction cups were. This was clearly designed my someone who has cats as well. The wire that attaches it to the window is sturdy and thick. It seems like it will stand the test of time against my cats teeth. I have 3 cats under a year old and one two year old cat. There is a lot of energy, and lots of chewing. Immediately I felt at ease that the structure will not be tampered with by their fangs. I am extremely picky when it comes to the safety of my cats, and what I leave them with unattended. I feel comfortable with this window seat, and I’m very happy with my purchase." —The Cat Mom
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two colors).
21. A hand-knit pet bed that your fur baby will actually want to sleep in. My cats are *so* unbelievably picky with beds, but they're absolutely obsessed with this one!
As you can see, my cat, Norman, has claimed the bed as his own. It's super soft and moldable, which is clearly why he likes it because it will cave in around him. He will sleep in it for literal hours in every position imaginable. The other two cats get some time in it as well, and they all show signs of genuinely loving it. They *also* make biscuits in it and it holds up remarkably well. I can't say enough good things about this bed. It's a HIT!
Berkshire Yarn Works is a Black woman-owned small business based out of The Berkshires, Massachusetts that sells cozy handmade items for you and your home.
Promising review: "The quality is great, color is beautiful, and my cat is already loving her new bed! Great customer service too, thank you for sending me details so I could pick the perfect cat bed!" —Morgan
22. A self-groomer cat brush so your lil stinky baby can groom and (hopefully) brush their loose hair off themselves for once. Plus, you can fill it with catnip to attract them to it!
Promising review: "I got this for my three-legged cat because he can't scratch his left side. He'll be trying to scratch and all you see is his little nub going crazy. I found these and he immediately LOVED it! The expression on his face when he first tried it was priceless. The only downside is that it's possible it'll fall off because it was hard for me to get all pieces of tape to stick on a corner at the same time, but I can always buy more double sided tape so not a big deal to me. The product is for Floyd, not me, and he's happy so 5 stars." —Pippa Runs
Get it from Amazon for $5.50.