We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rotating LED desk light you can effortlessly attach to your desk (or basically any space that desperately needs more light). It's USB-rechargeable, rotates, has brightness and warmth settings, *and* a built-in magnet. You can even pull it off the base and use it as a flashlight! What can't it do?!
Promising review: "This light is everything — it is effortless to use and very lightweight. The touch buttons offer temperature choice and brightness variations. I like how it detaches from its magnetic base so you can use it like a flashlight. Very versatile as it can be attached anywhere using self-adhesive tape. Plan to purchase more for my home." —Shari Hoo
Get it from Amazon for $26.99.
3. A comfy memory foam chair cushion because if we have to sit all day for work, we might as well do it in utter ✨comfort✨.
Promising review: "Works great and helps to relieve some pressure from sitting. This is a great memory foam cushion for office chairs or your couch. You really can feel the difference. This is thick, and feels like it will last for a really long time. I've been using mine for a couple of weeks and already feel a little better. The cover is removable for washing, and the stitching is done really well. I recommend this to anyone who has to sit for more than a few hours." —phillygrl
Get it from Amazon for $34.95 (available in three colors).
4. A slim laptop stand so you can raise your laptop and bring it closer to eye level making it way less straining on your neck. It's especially handy if you use it alongside a desktop monitor. Not only is this better for your posture when working at your desk, but your laptop gets proper ventilation and won't overheat.
This stand fits any laptop from 10 to 15.6 inches and can be easily disassembled into three parts for easy transportation.
Promising review: "This product came very quick, was easy to assemble, and it’s very sturdy. I can’t believe it took me as long as it did to purchase a laptop stand as I’ve been working from home since October. It makes a big difference in my comfort sitting at my desk for eight hours. I have two screens, so I needed my laptop to be elevated so I don’t slump over. Hands down, an absolute must for the home office." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in 10 colors).
5. A set of cable clips that'll finally detangle that clump of cables on your desk that no matter how much time you spend unraveling it, it can't seem to stay apart. Plus, you'll look super organized and put together, two things no one can ever call me, even with these.
Promising review: "I love these cable clips and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an easy way to organize cables! It sounds cheesy but they have made my life so much easier. I have one attached to the back of my bedside table in my bedroom and two on my desk at work. It makes my desk look neat and organized and is also extremely functional. I don’t have to worry about cords getting in the way or putting something like a coaster on top of them to keep them from falling behind furniture anymore. The price point is incredibly cheap for such a quality product and the amount that you get! I’m very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy more if I found more places in my home or office that I could use them!" —Kayla Carroll
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $8.97.
6. An essential-oil diffuser to create a soothing environment that'll calm the mind from those never ending email notifications. It *also* functions as a humidifier.
It has two misting modes, continuous and intermittent, which will mist and pause for 30 seconds. It also has eight colors you can change it to to match your current mood or ambience. The best part? It will automatically shut off when it's out of water so you can sleep soundly knowing it won't break or cause any safety issues.
Don't forget to buy some essential oils so you can make your home smell nice!
Promising review: "This diffuser is amazing. Easy to control color/water output, small and compact, easy to clean, and outright beautiful. It's great for my apartment; I can finally cover up the totally-not-pot smell that the previous tenant so graciously left me. It's also great for setting up a romantic environment when the significant other comes over. Just a heads-up — if you have a dog, try not to diffuse tea tree oil, or do it in a place where the dog doesn't go. It's bad for their nervous system. I think it's the same with cats as well, but I'm not sure." —Amazon customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in five colors).
7. A wireless keyboard and mouse set that'll instantly brighten up an otherwise boring desk area so you can finish your work in utter style. Really, though, just look at how fun those keys look to click on!
The set includes a wireless keyboard and mouse with a USB receiver for a 2.4GHz connection. Pick up some AA batteries — both will need them!
Promising review: "Perfection. I absolutely love it. Who would have thought something as simple as a keyboard/mouse upgrade would help my mood so much while working? It is great! Reliable, easy to install — basically plug and play. They keys feel great, soft texture — you won't regret the purchase." —Catherine111374
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in 12 styles).
8. Or an ergonomic shaped keyboard so typing all day doesn't feel like it's causing havoc on your poor wrists and fingers. Carpal tunnel who? Nah, not you.
Promising review: "I have been using an ergonomic keyboard at work for several years, but when I began working from home, I noticed quite a strain using my typical keyboard. I searched for ergonomic keyboard in Amazon and luckily found the Perixx Periboard. the split keyboard makes it easier to type and it has all the functionality I need. The switch has made a big difference in reducing strain in my hands." —Margaret
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in four styles).
9. A desktop vacuum cleaner because we spend at least eight hours at our desks working (and snacking), which means crumbs happen. This mini vacuum will suck up all the crud, keeping the work station clean and ready to be used. Long story short, yes, you can go back to eating your Nature Valley bars with confidence.
Add two AA batteries for a cord-free experience! BTW, batteries will last 90 minutes, but you can always just plug the vacuum in and use it like that.
Promising review: "Holy geez where was this all my life? This is the perfect crumb catcher/sweeper for your table. Have little ones who leave toast crumbs everywhere? Or a husband who drops little bits of stuff? This will vacuum it all up and voilà, clean table! It’s a nice compact size and can pick up sizable crumbs easily. I’m gifting these for Christmas!" —Kestrel
Get it from Amazon for $13.98+ (available in two colors and five styles).
10. A memory foam gel pad that'll provide much-needed cushion to your wrists while you're typing all of those passive aggressive emails. Per my last email...
It comes in two pieces — one you can prop in front of your keyboard, and the other in front of your mouse.
Promising review: "Must-have for working from home. Before covid, I had a similar set at my desk. After over one and a half years of working from home, I started to get wrist pain on the tops of my wrists and realized it was because I wasn't using a similar support. These have already helped alleviate some of the discomfort and will hopefully eliminate it entirely over time. Highly recommend if you're also working from home!" —Tammylynn130
Get it from Amazon for $14.79+ (available in 15 colors/styles, in a tenkeyless version, and without the mouse hand rest).
11. A wall-mounted shelf desk perfect for smaller spaces when you can't have an *entire* office space, but still want to have a little corner to do all of your work without the temptation of your living room TV.
Promising review: "I had this blank corner in my living room and I just knew this ladder desk would be a gorgeous addition to the area. I don't have an extra room for an office or even the kind of space in our small home to designate to a bulky desk. It was very easy to assemble, it took maybe 25 minutes to put together. I love having my own spot to get my work done on my MacBook. Plus, this spot is perfect to work on any crafts/DIYs. I added a pouf seat instead of a chair just to save even more space since it easily slides underneath the desk. Anyway, I'm so stoked about this purchase! I highly recommend it." —Heather Nicholson
Get it from Amazon for $75.69+ (available in three colors).
12. A 24-inch budget-friendly monitor because once you realize you can do your job waaay more efficiently with a larger screen, you won't be going back to work on the couch. Not only will it give you a much larger workspace, but you can also drag windows seamlessly between your connected laptop and monitor!
It features a 75Hz refresh rate with 1080p resolution, making it suitable for casual gaming too. It has two HDMI ports — be sure to pick up a USB-C hub if you're planning to connect a MacBook like this one.
Promising review: "Just set this monitor up, and so far it’s earned all five stars! It was easy to assemble, it’s compatible with my MacBook Pro (with a USB-C adapter), and the picture is great! I just wanted another monitor for when I work from home, so having something available that was affordable like this was perfect for what I needed." —Allison H.
Get it from Amazon for $115.57.
13. A multi-plug outlet for when you only have one measly outlet in your little office corner, but have a ton of electronics you use daily.
Promising review: "I was constantly having to unplug something in my kitchen to make room for charging my iPhone or watch or using the slow cooker or any of the other half-dozen things I wanted to use at the most convenient spot in the house...the kitchen counter. My 140-year-old house has a distinct shortage of outlets in the kitchen, so this product looked like a good option. It exceeded my expectations and has made my electronic life much simpler. Features that I love other than the excellent number of outlet options it gives are that it screws into place (so it doesn’t pull out of the outlet when you try to unplug something), the versatility of having the USB ports, and the light feature that I appreciate a stupid amount. Yeah, the light switch is right next to it on the wall, but who wants to flip on a light just to plug something in? So basically the price was great, it arrived quickly, and it looks nice. I have a cordless phone plugged in, plus an Echo Show, my Apple Watch charger, my iPad, and an iPhone plugged in with outlets to spare. I’ll run out of counter space before I run out of outlets." —HappyCarnivore
Get it from Amazon for $19.97 (available in two styles).
14. A rechargeable rhythm light stand to add a fun and colorful touch to your office space. The best part? It'll react to any noise it hears, so you can blast your favorite work playlist and watch the bar dance!
Promising review: "The pair of lights are very pretty, very slick, and small. I would like the battery to last a bit longer but it makes sense considering the size of the lights. I would keep them connected so you're not fiddling too much and leave them as is. They are super bright and have three different settings, which all look good and you can save some battery with the lower brightness setting. The different modes are pretty cool and resemble the old school high tech cars from the movies from back in the day." —CMReviews
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
15. Colorful, easy-to-install LED strips that'll add some nifty backlighting to your monitor and/or desk and *really* make working from your home office exciting. Fun fact: Adding backlighting can actually help reduce eye strain by reducing the contrast between your screen's brightness and the rest of the room!
Each strip comes with 3M adhesive backing and a USB for easy plug-in, and you can toggle between nine colors and different brightness settings.
Promising review: "Super easy to install (easier than the longer LED strips I bought from other sellers). I love the colorful options, too. It also ended up being the exact length I needed for both of my computer monitors I use to work from home. Sweet upgrade to the work station. Thanks!" —A. L. M.
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in three sizes and two colors).
16. A monitor stand to add some height to your desk, freeing up extra space at the bottom to store your laptop, extra office supplies or, let's be real, snacks. Psst! It also helps you set your monitor at the ideal ergonomic height.
Promising review: "This is SO gorgeous, photos don't do it justice! It arrived multiple days early, the seller was responsive and helpful, and it's so functional yet beautiful. Absolutely worth the money, thank you!!" —Cindy
17. A transparent monitor attachment so you can organize your notes *and* even put your phone at the bottom so it's within easy reach!
Each of the attachment has a sticky film that's strong enough to adhere it to your monitor, but easy enough to remove that it won't damage it.
Promising review: "I have 568 stickies on any given and this is exactly what I needed to keep myself organized. They came packaged nicely, no cracks or scratches, and was easy to adhere. The adhesive is awesome. It's not going anywhere!!! I recommend this to anyone like me who needs a cool place for their notes. You will be the envy of your coworkers!" —Mason's Mom
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in three styles, including with or without phone holder).
18. An adjustable mesh desk chair because it's time to stop sitting in that awkward, way-too-soft couch cushion with zero lumbar support. This bad boy has a breathable mesh lining for extra hot days, adjustable flip-up armrests, a neck rest, *and* even a recline function!
Promising review: "I got spoiled by a Herman Miller chair at work. I've been putting up with some cheap cloth and foam computer desk chair for years. Now that I'm a bit older, and do some work at home, I needed more comfort and support, and this chair works for what I need and it didn't cost me $800. Granted this one isn't as adjustable, and the lumbar support isn't pronounced, but it is soooo much better than what I had. It might be difficult for some to put together, as it can be a bit heavy for one person, but the weight also contributes to the 'well-made' feeling once put together. The best thing about this chair is the size of the seat, which fully supports my butt, and back of my thighs, all the way to the back of my knees. The neck support is nice too, but I could see some being irritated with the limited positioning — it can be removed." —Christopher L. Dulawan
Get it from Amazon for $246.07 (available in two colors).
19. Or an ergonomic exercise ball chair that's designed to engage both your body and mind using micro-movements — this can actually help boost your focus! If that's not enough, it can even help reduce pressure on your lower back and shoulders. If you struggle a lot with pain and restlessness while trying to focus on work in your home office (which is why you use the couch), give this a try!
Promising review: "Best home and professional office chair you will ever own. I am not coordinated enough to sit on a yoga ball without the base. This chair is wonderful. Ergonomically customizable (by inflating/deflating) for any work station. I had I bought for work and another at home. I recently switched jobs and took my one in from home for the front desk window as we share coverage. All my co-workers love it! At my previous job, 90% of my co-workers with desk jobs purchased one for their work stations as well. What I love most, as I am petite and have lower back damage, is that this type of desk chair never puts pressure on the nerves in your leg. It is a must try." —SJCJ
Get it from Amazon for $59.99+ (available in seven colors).
20. An adjustable standing desk converter, because sitting on the couch *and* at a desk all day is terrible for our health. This converter can help transform your home office so you can take standing breaks throughout the day while working. It also functions as a regular monitor stand so you can set your screen at eye level.
Reviewers say it's sturdy, assembles in minutes, and has worked wonders for both their back pain and productivity.
Promising reviews: "Working from home, having a standing desk is critical. I can work more easily without always sitting. I can hug family as they leave for the day without losing work and just turning around. I can keep my cat off my keyboard during meetings. If I am starting to drift off or lose concentration, I can stand and stretch. It forces me to organize my desk (moving it up and then down, I have to keep it clean and clear). It has been pretty wonderful." —Angelfishu
Get it from Amazon for $124.95+ (available in four sizes and three colors).
21. A levitating light bulb lamp guaranteed to add a touch of whimsy to your study. Bonus points if you use a wand to trick guests into thinking the lamp is under some sort of enchantment.
Promising review: "Feels well-made and the bulb seems durable. Worked straight out of the box. Reasonably priced, especially compared to other brands. Shipping was faster than expected. Works well as an ambient light source or night light. It is about as bright as should be expected based on the technology. Shouldn't be used as a desk lamp for reading." —Troy F.
Get it from Amazon for $88.98.
22. A desk organizer so you can keep all your knickknacks, files, folders, books, etc. all on proper display, leaving your coffee table in the living room finally free of work clutter.
Promising review: "Very happy with this shelf. It is simple, clean, not too deep, and just right for the small section of desk I wanted to put it on. All parts were in the box (even got an extra screw) and it was very easy to assemble. I did not have any issues with stripped or missing screw holes and the shelf feels very sturdy." —Numbr1ners
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in four colors).
23. A WFH sign you can put on your home office door to keep any house members out of your hair for the most productive day you've had in a long time. It's cute, it's cheeky, and most importantly, it's effective. Visitors can *always* bring me snacks.
You can stick to the standard text or personalize it to really make it work for your home.
Door Hangers by MOE is a small business based in New York that sells, you guessed it, door hangers!
Promising review: "The perfect addition to remote working during the COVID pandemic. I was also very touched that the seller was able to create an image that was more inclusive to my family's diversity. FIVE STARS!" —Brennan Rhodes