32 Products Every College Student Needs To Stay Organized
Let this be the most fun and organized four years of your life. Then comes adulthood...
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A hanging shoe organizer to organize shoes, toiletries, scarves, socks, bras, and really just anything you need to put away! It's a classic, but a goodie.
2. A pill organizer that doubles as a water bottle so you can easily take all of your meds in the morning without having to fish around for that half-empty soda bottle you definitely put somewhere.
This water bottle pill holder has a seven compartments built into it and the pegs on the side prop it up, so you can load up your supply for the week. Also, the cap doubles as a cup!
Promising review: "This is just what I needed for medications that I have to take on an empty stomach in the morning. It allows me to take them while still in bed and not have to delay breakfast for too long. Hand-washes well with regular dish soap." —MP
Get it from the Grommet for $8.50 (originally $10).
3. A rolling cart for when you need a good spot to store your condiments, sauces, and all the snacks. You can *also* use it for other things like toiletries, school supplies, or even as a bar cart!
Promising review: "Perfect for small spaces! I lack much storage space in my kitchen, This shelf is perfect because it’s so compact but has a good amount of extra storage space, very easy to assemble, well made, and perfect for spices and cans of food! I think I might purchase another one for my bathroom toiletries and things like that, very happy with this purchase!" —BarbieLee
Get it from Amazon for $25.49 (available in three colors).
4. A dry-erase calendar so you can keep track of everything going on in your life for the day in a chic and stylish way. Say goodbye to the ugly white dry-erase boards!
5. A K-Cup organizer that'll display all of your favorite flavors while making sure you know if anyone has been stealing your cups. I see you enjoying my hazelnut coffee, Brad.
It has openings on both sides, for a total of 50 holes for all your K-Cups!
Promising review: "I love how this organizer fits nicely under the cabinets. While I like the drawer under K-Cup machine, it wouldn't fit since it would raise the machine by inches and therefore cause the handle to bump the cabinet. This one works perfectly for my counter." —Idalia
Get it from Amazon for $16.90.
6. Or a Mickey K-Cup holder to add a bit of ✨magic ✨to your morning routine.
PK Decor is a small business based out of Oakwood, Georgia, that sells primarily metal yard decor.
Promising review: "The best finishing touch to my Disney kitchen. I absolutely love it. Material is great and it’s the perfect size. Also it shipped and got here immediately! Thank you!!!" —yaddyliese
7. Or! A drawer to place your coffee maker on top of, saving you TONS of space on your already tiny kitchen counters.
Holds 36 cups!
Promising review: "I am so glad I got this. It makes for such great streamlined storage. Keeps things tidy and neat, and also helps me keep track of how many cups I have left to determine whether or not I need to add to my grocery list. It is very sturdy and I fit my machine on top. The top is very durable, hard plastic and does not buckle with the weight of the machine filled with water on top." —tunisianswife
Get it from Amazon for $20.77+ (available in nine colors).
8. Foldable drawer organizers with tiny sections to organize your undergarments instead of having them stuffed in the drawer in a big pile. Who would do that? Okay, it's me.
It includes four multi-sectional organizer bins that can be used for all kinds of items!
Promising review: "I am so relieved that I purchased these for my kids' drawers. I'm having an all-out war with clutter and I'm winning! Thank you so much for these sturdy, affordable drawer organizers. Saved my life one room at a time." —Marilyn D.
Get them from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in six colors).
9. Nifty shoe stackers because shoes take up an unnecessary amount of space without tackling all the vertical space above them. This product solves both issues! It's a win-win!
Promising review: "These shoe holders are fantastic. I'm using them for heels, casual shoes, and sneakers. For people with smaller feet (I'm a 7) it doesn't 'double' your space, but you can get three pairs where you had two. For people with larger feet, you really will double the space." —silversong203
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $24.99.
10. A genius T-shirt roll holder to create some storage where you'd least expect it while simultaneously giving you a neat way to display your favorite tees.
The Roll Keeper is owned by Kelso, Washington's resident crafter, Traci. Traci has been crafting for over 40 years and created her storage design to help organize vinyl, soon realizing that it was the perfect organization solution for much more. Her shop has versions for bottles, wrapping paper, pens, and more.
Promising review: "We moved recently and I realized — going through my clothes and choosing what to donate — that I had SO MANY T-shirts that I totally loved that hadn’t seen the light of day in months! It’s so hard to go through a drawer and see what you’ve got to choose from, especially when the images are folded up and hard to see. Let me say. This is fantastic. I finally unpacked my shirts today and rolled them all up and put them in the keeper and I’ve never been happier! I’m so excited to be able to see my tees and choose based on how I’m feeling for the day. Totally cool and excellent. Would buy again if I ever needed anything else stored — maybe another one for the T-shirts of the future!" —Cassandra Aleman
11. A bed you can easily lift for some fun secret storage! You can hide extra blankets, winter clothes, and all of your hopes and dreams when you think about your new student loans! *sobs*
Promising review: "I live in a small apartment with an even smaller bedroom. Storage is, as you can imagine, a necessity if you hope to have anything in your house at all. While it was a pain to put together (it took almost three hours and two people), this bed has been delightful. It not only has storage under the mattress (the part that lifts up), but for smaller, thinner things, you can store them under the whole bed. I have a thin art portfolio that fits just neatly under the whole bed, while thicker things, like my canvas, fit inside. It lifts and goes down quite easily (which, for someone with joint problems, is saying a lot), and the whole thing seems rather solidly built, especially for the price." —Rachel
Get it from Amazon for $404.99+ (available in four colors, and sizes twin–king).
12. Or some bed risers to create more space under your current bed for your things.
Comes with four small risers and four large risers — you can use just the small risers to elevate your bed 3 inches, just the large risers to elevate your bed 5 inches, or combine the two to elevate your bed 8 inches.
Promising review: "These bed risers couldn't have been easier to use. No sliding around on the hardwood floor and the bed was very stable. The risers worked as advertised and I am completely satisfied." —Steve P.
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $18.99.
13. An outlet shelf for that one outlet that is too far from the couch or side table for you to place your phone down instead of it just hanging loosely from the cord. It *also* has a compartment to store extra cords!
The shelf can hold up to 10 pounds.
Promising review: "Wow. I was skeptical at first because there were no pics of the Echo, just the Dot. I’m so glad I purchased this. Not only did it free up counter space, it actually looks good. I will say, though, I had to use the lower plug because there wasn’t enough headroom to use the top. I banded the cord and it fit perfectly inside the cable channel for a clean look. I’d definitely recommend!" —Jill in Houston
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in two colors).
14. A pack of dresser labels that would make the ladies from the Home Edit so proud to see you staying organized and labeled.
This woman-owned small business was started by organization enthusiast Rachel, who fills her shop with labels for every sort of situation. Made by Moores is based in Westminster, Colorado.
To make your customized labels, write how many stickers you would like (one sticker equals one word), then write each word (e.g., "tank tops" for one and "shorts" for another). After that you can specify if you would like them in all caps, lowercase, or with standard capitalization.
15. A *lockable* jewelry cabinet that doubles as a mirror so you can check out how cute you look in all your jewelry while keeping it safely stored away from your roommates.
There are three horizontal holes on each side of the stand; you can adjust to the most suitable angle according to your height to get a better view. It contains 24 necklace hooks, 78 ring grooves, 108 stud earring holes, 36 earring slots, four shelves, two bracelet rods, three makeup tool cups, and two bottom drawers.
Promising review: "This jewelry cabinet is beautiful! I like it very, very much! Perfect for someone like me who buys a lot of earrings! It's easy to install and it only takes 10 minutes! It can hold all kinds of things like cosmetics, earrings, bracelets, necklaces. I really love it. Now it's neat to do it this way. I'm going to buy a birthday present for my best friend next time." —Sara Brown
Get it from Amazon for $119.99 (also available in white).
And check out an over-the-door model.
16. Or a hanging jewelry organizer if you're low on room space but still want to keep your baubles separated and tidy.
It comes with 32 clear vinyl pockets and 18 hook-and-loop closures.
Promising review: "I needed something that would save me space, but where I could still see all of my jewelry. These things are extremely durable. I bought two of them, and I have probably 50 or so necklaces on one side and maybe 30 pairs of earrings on the other side. There is not a single tear in it. In the other one I keep nail polishes. It is very convenient because you can see all the colors and it does not take up that much space." —Nellie F.
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in three colors).
17. Or! A bifolding jewelry stand if you are looking to create a super aesthetic dorm space *and* have cute storage solutions.
Simple and Neat is a small business based out of Seattle, Washington, that specializes in home storage and organization.
Promising review: "This is way better than throwing all my accessories in my drawer! It looks so neat and makes looking for earrings so much easier. I’ll probably buy another when I run out of room." —Marlena
18. A set of skateboard shelves to pay tribute to your favorite high school pastime or skateboarding in places you shouldn't have with all your skater buds. Oh, how time flies. Alexa, play "Sk8er Boi."
Skate or Design is small business based in Philadelphia that recycles broken skateboards by making them into street art–inspired furniture, accessories, and gifts.
Promising review: "This skateboard shelf brings a new vigor and life to my room! Not only is this what I expected, but Jason was super responsive to my messages and seems to actually care for his customers. 10/10, highly recommended and definitely looking to buy more in the near future!" —eliu0247
19. A set of shelf dividers so you can stack your sweaters and jeans on the top shelf without having them topple over constantly.
They're also great for bulky items like linens and towels! The dividers are 12 inches tall and can slide over any standard shelf up to 7/8 inches thick.
Promising review: "I love these! They fit snugly over my shelf, so they don't shift or move around. I have a lot of handbags and it's been a mess on my closet shelf for the ones that are floppy. I have limited closet space in a small home so my choices of where/how to store them are limited. This was the perfect solution. I plan on buying more when I get around to rearranging sweaters on shelves." —BarbraGenie
Get a set of two from Amazon for $10.34+ (available in platinum or bronze).
20. A helpful caddy you can place on the side of your bed for some extra storage space. You can even use it on the couch, side table, or coffee table!
Promising review: "I love this thing! I ordered the brown one and it matches my chocolate-brown/sage-green bedding and curtains perfectly. I have no room on my side of the bed for a nightstand. I have an adjustable bed and I kept losing the bed remote in the covers as well as the TV remote. This sits under my mattress very well and holds both those remotes, as well as the remote to my night-light so I don’t have to get up and walk around in the dark." —Renee P.
Get it from Amazon for $6.98 (available in three colors).
21. Or! A tiny bedside shelf that's big enough to fit a laptop so you can write all those unnecessarily long essays the night before they're due. Or, let's be real, spend all night writing your new fan fiction novel.
This bedside shelf will fit bed rails up to 1 1/2" thick.
Promising review: "I was looking for something like this and most were really expensive and small. I knew I wanted something large enough to fit my iPad, my iPhone, TV remotes, and a mug for when I drink tea. I also really like that this is plastic vs. wood because if it ever gets wet or dirty for whatever reason it’ll be easier to clean. The high edges are nice too to keep everything from sliding off the tray also. It goes great with my Ikea bed as well. This table is also surprisingly sturdy. Like it doesn’t budge at all once I attached it to the side of my bed. Installation was really easy too. Took me less than a minute. I highly recommend this table!" —Jess
Get it from Amazon for $44.95 (available in two colors).
22. A set of five desk organizers so chic, your desk space will be Instagram-ready at all times.
BluMonaco is an Etsy shop that specializes in organization and decor.
Promising review: "I moved into a new office space because of quarantine, and I needed something to help personalize the space, and these did the trick! Just what I needed to help me stay organized and bring some color into the space without being overbearing." —Brittany
23. A charging cube with an impressively long cord so you can have three outlets and three USB ports right next to you, making it easy to continue scrolling your phone under the sheets when you told everyone you were going to bed.
It has a 5-foot extension cord and has three outlets and USB ports.
Promising review: "I had to have extension cords all over my room for all my electronics. It was a hassle and a fire hazard. Then I found this little cube. It powers my cordless phone, my light pad, my Cpap and two cell phone chargers. Wow. This puts everything in one place for me. No more having something in the room come unplugged. If you have a lot of electronics in a small place, you need this power cube!!" —Martina Poole JDP
Get it from Amazon for $15.19+ (available in three sizes and two colors).
24. An over-the-door rack with nine hooks that can hold basically any and everything you need, like scarves, hats, purses, belts, hoodies, backpacks — you name it!
Fits over any standard door up to 1-3/8 inches thick!
Promising review: "We recently moved into a small rental while we are building a home, and it lacked in storage! So I ordered a few of these to put on doors and it has solved some of our storage problems! Very sturdy. I hang my kids' backpacks on them, plus so much more and they hold up. I ordered the bronze, and it is a nice finish. Definitely recommend!" —Amber D
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (available in two finishes).
25. A nifty shelving unit to add some extra height to your desk, giving you *so* much extra space for your laptop, textbooks, and that late-night bowl of ramen.
Promising review: "I am so glad I purchased this shelf! I was surprised by the quality. It doesn't feel flimsy or like it will break. It was super easy to put together, very sturdy and holds a lot. You're able to adjust the length of the shelf because the two parts aren't connected, which is nice. It's not too big or bulky that it takes up too much space, but still reasonably sized to fit pretty much everything you need. Overall, I just love it and am happy with my purchase!" —Desiree W.
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in two colors).
26. A storage unit with pull-out drawers you can stuff into your closet for extra space to store your clothes without having to hang everything, making your closet a big overstuffed mess.
The unit comes with one drawer with a removable divider for 12 spaces (perfect for socks and underwear), one drawer with a removable diver for two spaces, one large drawer, and two side-by-side small drawers.
Promising review: "If you are looking for an alternative to a dresser/closet organizer system due to limited space or limited budget, this is a great product. It is easy to assemble. The drawers slide in and out easily. Has a good amount of storage space. It is secure with the velcro that holds to the closet rod, even with clothing's weight. It is also a great value for the price." —Janet K.
Get it from Amazon for $37.99.
27. A double laundry hamper with removable laundry bags to make your trip to your dorm laundry room way less of a hassle. You can either sort your laundry like regular wash and delicate wash, lights and darks, or just clean and dirty! Plus, the lid ensures the after-track-meet stink won't come pouring out.
It can hold up to four loads of dirty laundry!
Promising review: "Visually, it looks great. It has a nice, modern, contemporary look and feel. It is sturdy and came clean and smelled fresh. The set up was incredibly simple and the directions were helpful. The hamper comes with two mesh bags that are secured in place via velcro. There are two handles on the side of the hamper to make it easily movable. The lid closes completely and opens easily all the way back. Some reviews mention that the top comes off when opened fully, but I have not had this problem. The item came clean, fresh, with all materials, and looked brand new." —Kenya360
Get it from Amazon for $49.96 (available in seven colors and as a single hamper).
28. Or a hanging laundry hamper because every little bit of space counts in your dorm room, so why not utilize that unused space behind your door?
Promising review: "This laundry is much larger than I expect! Very easy to use!... I'm hanging it at the back of my bathroom door which is perfectly convenient. 100% recommend, especially for those who live alone. It's capacity is large enough to hold around 1-2 weeks of dirty clothes!" —SL
Get it from Amazon for $13.96+.
29. A rotating makeup organizer that'll keep all of your daily beauty products neat and tidy, minimizing all those petty fights between you and your roomie about who is using whose makeup.
30. A pack of invisible bookshelves that will probably make your roommates think you're some sort of magician. Yer a wizard, friend.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE these! I recently redecorated my living room and in doing so had to find a new location for my bookshelf, but I still wanted to showcase them somehow. I love the floating look and I feel like it adds a more modern look without overpowering the wall with a bunch of shelves. My mom is an author and I plan to purchase several more of these so I can put her different series on display! I am not someone that has ever been considered talented with a hammer and nails (so to speak), but these were surprisingly easy to drill into the wall. AND they are very sturdy. The heaviest stack of books on the wall is probably about 8-10 pounds and it didn't budge when the books were put on. The product is advertised as being able to hold up to 15 pounds so I'm sure I'll be testing that in the near future as I add on more books to my collection." —Taylor Norberg
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $26.99 (also available in a three pack).
31. An over-the-fridge storage organizer so you have somewhere to keep your utensils and condiments for easy grabbin'.
One side has three pockets to keep silverware organized and one large pocket for plates. The other side has eight pockets of different sizes for all kinds of storage!
Promising review: "This is a must-have if you are looking for things for your soon-to-be college student. I didn’t know how much space it was really going to give her! Super inexpensive! One of my favorite purchases!" —Robert
Get it on Amazon for $20.88.
32. And finally, a foldable tufted square ottoman that doubles as an extra place for friends to sit *and* an extra place to hide your stuff from your roomie. The best part? It folds down for easy storage when you need more room for activities.
Promising review: "I'm obsessed with these. minutes to put them together, they fold away for easy storage in my chaise, which is perfect because I don't have a lot of space and mainly bought them for when guests come over. Shockingly sturdy for how easy they are to assemble and how good the price is. I bought three!" —Anonymous
Get it from Wayfair for $31.99+ (available in five colors).