30 Home Products With Before And After Photos That Simply Can't Be Ignored
A Keurig cleaner, hard water stain remover, and other things that *clearly* work.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Chom-Chom roller to gather up pet hair from basically anywhere in your home. No really. Couches, clothes, bedding, cat towers, rugs — you name it. The best part? It has a little compartment that stores the fur for easy cleaning!
Promising review: "I have had many different pet hair rollers and this beats everything hands-down. The compartment that traps the hair is genius. With many pet hair removal tools the hair sort of flies in the air a little, you have handfuls, or have to clean the brush on something....this baby traps the fur in a little compartment that is easy to empty. I sent links to this product to lots of my friends who are owned by cats and told them it will be life-changing." —DLB
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
2. A container of The Pink Stuff cleaning paste that'll clean practically anything. No really. Marks on the walls? Sure. Dirty stove? Obviously! Grimy bathtub? Duh. The Pink Stuff has your back.
BTW, it's vegan!
Promising review: "Since moving into this apartment I have gradually come to hate this tub because of the water stains I have tried every product on the market including crazy things from the internet like Coca-Cola, vinegar you name it..this stuff with a couple of swipes/scrubs and a toothbrush for the textured areas completely cleaned my tub in a way that I can only tell you excited me to the core of my being. All I can tell you is buy it and I wish you the best!" —Michelle
Get it from Amazon for $8.89.
3. A wood polish and conditioner to enhance the natural beauty in all of your wood by feeding it with oils, preventing it from drying and fading. It'll make your adult self *so* proud.
This polish can be used on antiques, kitchen cabinets, dining tables, doors, and basically anything that's wood! Also doesn't contain any silicone or linseed oil.
Promising review: "This stuff is absolutely AMAZING. My wife and I were getting tired of looking at our worn out cabinets and wood paneling and were very close to paying a professional thousands of dollars to refinish it all, but then we came across this product. Our paneling and cabinets were looking rough. We have two dogs that jumped up and scratched places, we also had an area that was damaged by water spots where our dog bowls were, and several other areas that were just worn from heavy traffic. This stuff was like a magic eraser for water spots, scratches, scuffs, and any other blemish. We simply wiped the product on with a paper towel and let it sit for 20 minutes before wiping it off with a clean towel. Everything looks brand-new. I'm buying a couple more so we can finish our cabinets and wood paneling. We're so glad we found this product." —Kris
Get it from Amazon for $11.79.
4. A Goo Gone kitchen degreaser because *goo gone* are the days of you using way too much elbow grease to clean your stovetop and counters.
Safe for use on tile, ceramic and sealed stone surfaces *and* even safe for food prep areas!
Promising review: "The tops of my cupboards had been cleaned maybe once in 15 years. They were disgusting with grease and dust that I thought I’d never get off. Goo Gone Kitchen Degreaser worked a miracle for me! The cupboard that was directly above the oven took some elbow work, and all others were as simple as spray, and wipe. The tops of my cupboards look new again!" —JC
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
5. A pet stain and odor remover, so when Indiana Bones gets a little too excited that you just got home and decides to pee all over your brand new rug, it's not completely annoying. Plus, how can you stay mad at a dog named Indiana Bones? You can't.
Promising review: "This stuff works sooooo well. I have tried many other brands of pet stain remover, and this one is definitely the best. I have two indoor cats with hairball issues; they are often spitting up hairballs, or stomach acid only before or after the passing of the hairball. (Sorry for the TMI.) Of course, they only want to do this on the carpet and rugs. This stain remover effectively removes the bodily fluid, hairball, etc., with a nice, fresh minty scent and no sticky residue. I keep a bottle upstairs and downstairs so I don't have to go hunting for it during those 2 a.m. hairball vomiting sessions (because, of course, that's the only time they want to throw up)." —Heather Coburn-Schill
Get it from Amazon for $19.97+ or Subscribe & Save for $18.97/month (available in 32 oz. or one gallon and three scents).
6. Dishwasher cleaning tablets formulated to penetrate, dissolve and remove odor-causing residue and you'd be surprised how dirty your dishwasher actually is. Just use it once a month on any model and you'll have the cleanest dishwasher of all the land.
Promising review: "I have only used this once. I did not have a smelly dishwasher but decided to purchase this product as a precaution. The stainless interior of my dishwasher was left particularly sparkly after using this product. One caution. If anything, it may work too well for your dishes. Although the product says you can use it in a loaded dishwasher, you should proceed with caution. I ran my favorite PYREX measuring cup in the cycle and it came out bare....all the painted measurements had been WASHED OFF! Everything was very clean, too clean in the case of the measuring cup!" —Glad To Be Here
Get it from Amazon for $5.99 or Subscribe & Save for $5.69/month.
7. A pet hair removal broom to make your jaw drop when you see just how much hair your little rascal has been shedding into the grasps of your rug's fibers. There is a rake side and a squeegee side, which both effectively do the deed.
Promising review: "This is a genius invention with a rubbery broom that catches everything! Today I didn't think the floor really needed to be swept, but the FURemover proved me wrong. I ended up with a big tumbleweed of dog hair and my hair and who knows what else? The handle telescopes far longer than I need (I'm 5'8") but the telescoping comes in handy when sweeping under the couch or other out-of-the-way places. This is a game-changer if you have a lot of fur or hair in your home. You must try this, I am so happy with this purchase!" —Frannie
Get it from Amazon for $12.44.
8. A bottle of Resolve carpet cleaner that I'm convinced is actually just a bottle of magic. This has been able to get even the oldest stains out of our carpets. I will die on my Resolve hill.
9. Drywall repair putty perfect for filling up holes made from moving decor around or even from unsightly cracks. Maybe you'll actually get your deposit back this time.
Promising review: "Does exactly what it says. Rather than getting spackle, waiting for it to dry, sanding it down, and tweaking as needed, this cuts the time/effort down to 1) rub over a place in need of patching 2) wipe off excess. The hardest part is not accidentally getting the product on parts of the wall that don’t need it, but that’s easy to clean up, so it’s not a problem. I used this to patch holes in the wall from a former WiFi router and modem- other than the color difference from the patch to the paint, you’d never know it was patched. Great price, easy to use." —Amanda
Get one from Amazon for $10.95.
10. Biodegradable, all-natural bottle cleaning tablets because is there anything more annoying than trying to clean your water bottle or coffee tumbler?
Promising review: "Totally worth the purchase. Sure, you could maybe compound something similar but these are so easy to use that it's just not worth the hunting and gathering of various ingredients. I split one tablet in half with a bench scrapper because the package said to dilute with 1 liter of water and my Hydroflasks are 18 oz each so I figured a 1/2 tablet per Hydroflask would be sufficient. I typically store lattes in my Hydroflasks and they had an impressive amount of buildup on the inside so I opted for 1/2 tablet + nearly boiling water + overnight soak time. The next morning I dumped out the water, gave them a quick scrub with a bottle brush, and WOW. THEY'RE LIKE NEW!!! Or as close to new as you can get after 5+ years of daily use. Totally worth it." —Jessica Bills
Get a box of 12 tablets from Amazon for $8.
11. A Wet & Forget cleaner so you can keep your shower squeaky clean *and* mildew-free by spraying just once a week — and rinsing clean. There's no scrubbing and no wiping!
BTW, Each bottle lasts for 12 weeks' worth of treatments.
Promising review: "This stuff is excellent. It performs as promised, it has a very nice scent, no fumes, and leaves shower clean with no scrubbing actually necessary. It is very easy to apply and rinse off. It is designed very well, with squirting spout separate from the large container and attached by a longish tube, so you don't have to hold the heavy container while applying the product. I've been using it for quite a while now, and I love it. I highly recommend it." —Stephanie Martin
Get it from Amazon for $17.13.
12. A RainX shower door cleaner that'll make your glass so clean, you'll have to actively try and not run into it when stepping out after your shower.
Promising review: "I'm in complete awe. I've tried everything under the sun to get the water marks and soap scum off my shower door. Nothing has come close to giving me these results!! I used a Scrub Daddy pad to apply the product. A cloth wouldn't do it. It took me an hour to do the whole door (in and out) but I love the results. Wonderful product for tough shower door stains." —L. Reilly
Get it from Amazon for $11.62.
13. A Clorox toilet wand with disposable scrubby heads that comes preloaded with cleaner so you can wipe the whole bowl with one hand and just toss the head out. Easy peasy.
Promising review: "You ever look at your toilet brush in disgust and resentment? How's a dirty used up brush sitting in your throne room? You clean your bathroom but then you put that sucker down in its place and it's just like, mocking you. It's never truly immaculate. Never knowing true cleanliness. Fear no more. Now you can shine the porcelain throne and not have to worry about a used up toilet brush mocking your clean sparkling bathroom. Gone are the days of breathing in dirty poop particles from the reusable potty cleaning brush thingy. Clorox Toilet Wand is the answer to your prayers if you want an easy, deep cleaning, toss-away-after-you're-done type contraption for that porcelain throne of yours. Fast, cheap, and easy. Just like.... How we like to clean." —Juliana
14. A pack of Mr. Clean magic erasers that'll make you fall deep into a rabbit hole of cleaning random things around your house. Add a little water, and these bad boys can remove marks from walls, grease from your microwave, soap scum from your tub, and way more.
Promising reviews: "I use it everywhere... walls, baseboards, mirrors, window panes, cupboards, floors, lamps, glass, faucets... everything looks brand new. Just got red hair dye that had been there for over a year off the wall in a minute. Made shower glass look brand-new after five years of hard water stains. This is the cleaning magic wand you’ve always wanted." —Michela
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $11.99 or Subscribe & Save for $11.39/month.
15. A dryer lint vacuum attachment, because you'd be surprised how much lint actually gets stuck *inside* the dryer. This will give you some peace of mind, knowing you won't have a random dryer fire started!
Promising review: "I clean out my dryer vent every other load and I never could get the lint that would fall below. It started to build up so I thought I’d give this attachment a try and boy was it worth it! Not only inexpensive but super easy to use. Highly recommend this product." —B.Garcia
Get it from Amazon for $4.88 (available in three colors).
16. A natural tile and tub cleaner that will dissolve soap scum and hard water stains so well, you might actually be able to take baths without feeling icky about it. "Hi, Lush? Hold the bath bombs, I'm on my way." —definitely you.
It's made with plant-based cleaning agents— that means no added dyes, synthetic fragrances, or harsh, hard-to-pronounce ingredients! Plus it's cruelty free *and* smells like tea tree and eucalyptus. It's basically perfect.
Promising review: "I have an old shower/bathtub. I tried name brand shower cleaners and bleach to try and clean the soap scum off the tiles and tub. I had no luck and I would cough and get sick because of how strong the smell was. I thought I would try this to save my lungs. I sprayed my entire shower and left it for about 15 min. Came back and rinsed off the walls and they were shiny! I've never had such a clean shower. The smell is amazing and subtle. All I smell is tea tree and it didn't affect me at all. The price is also a good deal since the bottle is pretty large. It came with the sprayer separate and the bottle sealed so it wouldn't leak in the box. I highly recommend this!" —Amber Erwin
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $12.99 or Subscribe & Save for $12.34/month.
17. Or a hard water stain remover if your stains require just a bit more industrial strength.
Promising review: "This was the least effort I have ever expended to remove hard water streaks. AND LOOK AT THE RESULTS! Apply to the surface, and spread around like polish. (It’s a lotion, not a liquid.) I let it sit a few minutes, then used a drill attachment scrubber pad (you can just use any kind of scrub brush or scrubber sponge, though) to buff it out. One rinse, one dry is all I did for the results you see here. And if I’m honest, this was about a year’s accumulation of streaking. I clean the surface more often than that, but with a regular bath cleaner that does nothing for this buildup. There is almost no smell, but the slight smell is a wintergreen scent that matches the color. I forgot to put on my cleaning gloves and although it did not irritate my hands, it was a bit drying afterwards, so next time I will wear rubber gloves for after-job comfort. (If you have sensitive skin, use gloves)." —Pamela P.
Get it from Amazon for $19.97 or Subscribe & Save for $17.97/month.
18. Cleaning cups for your Keurig because you'd be surprised at how much old coffee gunk has been building up inside that bad boy. No, really. You will be surprised.
Promising review: "Okay, so these cleaner pods are awesome! I didnt know how gross our Keurig was until today. I would suggest running two or three rinse cycles instead of the recommended one. But it's still an awesome product for the price!" —Mads0421
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $9.95 or Subscribe & Save for $9.45/month.
19. A grout stain remover so you can stop telling your friends and family that you definitely used black grout in the bathroom. I know your secrets.
To use, simply apply, wait 6-8 hours, and then rinse away. No scrubbing required!
Promising review: "I was skeptical in using this product as i have tried countless 'mold and mildew removers' out there. My mold and mildew problem is impossible to remove. I scrubbed, bleached, treated it but no noticeable difference. I left this product overnight and I was like 'what is this sorcery?' I have no other words to explain it. Phenomenal results!!" —iAwesome
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
20. A tile grout paint marker for when no amount of scrubbing and cleaning helped and you just want to paint over it and move on with your life.
It covers up to 150 square feet of space, is quick-drying, *and* is non-toxic!
Promising review: "Bought to clean up the pitted/cracked shower grout in an apt. If I owned the place, I'd have properly re-grouted & sealed. For the price, this did the trick and made the shower look sharp/clean. The paint dispenses easily and is pretty simple to apply evenly (and if you screw up, just use sponge to wipe off where you colored outside the lines). No idea how it'll hold up over time, but it made it through its first cleaning test (spray down with Kaboom tile cleaner). For my situation (i.e. it's an apt, so not willing to put in the time or money to fully re-grout), it worked." —Beez
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ or Subscribe & Save for $8.09/month (available in two styles).
21. A dust cleaning gel to get all of those tiny nooks and crannies in your home clean that get dust settled in too easily.
Promising review: "Have you ever watched a pimple-popping video and just couldn't look away? How it's disgusting, but so rewarding watching that zit get what it deserves? If you answered yes, you'll love this stuff. I bought some just to give it a shot. At less than $10, I figured 'what do I have to lose, other than $10?' This stuff is fantastic. It is possible to get all the way down under the keys, but for your sanity, I wouldn't try it. The slime gets so nasty, but you can't stop cleaning. Your keyboard gets cleaner and the slime just gets more and more gross. How can that much hair possibly be under the keys? Where did all of those crumbs come from? You don't want to know, but you DO want to get them all, and this stuff will help you. In Pumbaa's words: 'Slimy, yet satisfying.'" —Alicia Snyder
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
22. A stainless steel cleaner kit so your kitchen appliances can look brand spankin' new, even if just for a moment before your kids get ahold of them.
It's plant-based *and* cruelty-free!
Promising review: "Wonderful cleaner! It even smells a little like lemon, very fresh smelling and doesn't leave a terrible film on my appliances! We may be remodeling but I like to keep my appliances clean! After countless tries with either cheap or expensive stuff you purchase at the store I almost gave up and just purchased black appliances but after seeing the wonderful reviews of this product I gave it a shot and I'm not disappointed! I might have to try their other products!" —Jasmine Gehring
Get it from Amazon for $15.95 or Subscribe & Save for $15.15/month.
23. Miracle-Gro indoor plant food spike for when you've always wanted a green thumb, but just need a *little* bit of help...for your plant's sake. Just stick these babies into your plant pot every few weeks to keep your plant friends alive and healthy!
Each spike can be used for 30–60 days, depending on the season. The reviewer pics above are all of the same plant — the left one shows how this magical stuff helped the plant perk up in just 10 days, and the right one shows that it's like a whole new plant just two short months later!
Promising review: "I always kill my plants but I decided to try again. I just bought five houseplants, and three of them were marked down because they were looking pretty puny. Since I tend to kill them anyway, I figured I would give them a try and save some money. I put one of these spikes in each plant and they all looked so much healthier and happier after just a couple days. I also added one spike to the only houseplant that I've had for years without killing (I was beginning to think it was artificial) the leaves looked healthier almost immediately. I'm very happy with this product and it was a great price." —victoria
24. A Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaning kit that'll clean your stove so well, you might actually want to cook something. Or let's just order out, no big deal.
It comes with a bottle of cleaner, a scraper, and a cleaning pad.
Promising review: "I was skeptical but I went for it, and holy moly, does it work. It works such wonders on my stupid glass cooktop that I feel like Martha freaking Stewart. Truth be told, cleaning has never been, nor will it ever be, my greatest strength, but this cleaning product makes it easy enough that even I could do it. Save yourself the time and frustration because the landlord picked this stupid cooktop for the 'aesthetic' and as a trap to keep your security deposit. You know what?!? Buy this thing and you can tell 'em, 'Not this time! You won't get another penny out of me!!! Bwahahahaha.'" —Rita
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
25. Some cushion supports to perk up that old sofa you've been basically living on the last year.
It's basically like a thick foam insert you can place on the bottom of your cushions to plump them up!
Promising review: "We have 10-year-old $6,000 Ethan Allen sofas. This product saved us from buying a new sofa!! These absolutely restored my cushions to new! This may seem a little expensive but versus the cost of reupholstered or new, it's worth every penny." —JBlack
Get them on Amazon for $35.99+ per panel (available in four sizes; each panel fits one cushion).
26. A lawn repair formula made from mulch, seed, and soil amendments to help reverse the unfortunate damage Hairy Pawter has bestowed upon your lawn with his seemingly radioactive pee.
Promising review: "I have lacrosse players and dogs and this stuff is amazing. My yard looked like an abandoned lot before this and it literally 'grew anywhere' just like it said. The bag I planted last year actually came back strong this year so I put more down and it is working like a dream!" —chchmom
Get it from Amazon for $11.05+ (available in five sizes and four styles).
27. Ridiculously effective sticky traps for snatching those pesky gnats and fruit flies that are terrorizing your plants *and* life.
Promising review: "I was having an issue with the fungus gnats inside and outside of my house. They were driving me crazy, flying in my face and I couldn't take it anymore. I ordered these traps and they worked instantly! I placed the stakes and traps in my orchids (which I keep in the kitchen) and then placed some in my mini garden outside. Both traps caught more than I expected and are still catching more. It caught not only the fungus gnats but all kinds of large and small flies and moths! Totally worth the buy and will be buying more when I run out." —Sami H.
Get a pack of seven traps from Amazon for $6.65.
28. A jetted tub cleaner to clean the parts of your tub you just can't reach. It'll flush out body oils, soap scum, those questionable black flakes that gunk up the jets.
Cleans your tub in just 15 minutes— just run your water, pour in the cleaner, and run your jets!
Promising review: "They don't call this Oh Yuk! for no reason. I previously used Jacuzzi's two-part system and this worked sooo much better. I was totally embarrassed not to mention grossed out at how much funk came out. It was NASTY! It definitely cleans your tub. You will probably have to clean the sides of your tub after it's finished because of how much stuff might come out. I swear I clean my tub on a regular basis, but I was amazed at how much better this worked. Highly recommend!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 or Subscribe & Save for $16.14/month.
29. Some stain-removing tablets for cleaning tough stains, and lifting spills by just tossing one in with a regular load and your favorite white socks will emerge dramatically whiter.
The Fizz Whiz is a small business based in Brandon, Florida that sells unique household products.
Promising review: "Washed my clothes and they came out very clean. I put my sneakers in the wash and they were very gross. They came out so clean that they almost looked new. Will buy again, and recommend." —Daniel Law