We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A collapsible water bottle that'll take up very little space in your bag *and* help save you from spending a ridiculous amount of money for those airport water bottles. Plus, you'll stay hydrated! Huzzah!
Nomader is a small business specializing in leak-proof, packable hydration!
Promising review: "I'm a frequent traveler who tries to stay frugal on the road. I love this bottle because it can be rolled up to a nice small size and put in my backpack without taking up much room. I use it at the airport and in my room along with a small water filter." —Chad Vegas
Get it from Amazon for $34.95 (available in eight colors).
2. An Anker charging port with six USB ports to charge all of your devices at the same time, which is perfect for when you're ready to head out of your hotel to your next adventure but everyone needs to charge their phones!
Promising review: "This is a great product! I travel frequently, and I am always challenged with the number of USB ports I can get with the number of outlets available (and where) in hotel rooms. With this product, the number-of-ports problem goes away, and what's great is that it extends the charger interface out from behind a bed, night stand, or other inconvenient receptacle location, up onto a work surface for easy access. As far as power, I have had an Asus transformer, two iPads, HTC One M8, and two iPhones connected to it at the same time, charging for hours with no heat on the device whatsoever. It works great at home, too. I have always had good luck with Anker products — good quality." —bishop
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in black and white).
3. A pair of compression socks that help reduce the pesky swelling in your feet and legs you get during long flights.
They're also shock-absorbing and moisture-wicking!
Promising review: "I travel frequently internationally for work and often spend upward of 20 hours on a plane as I fly to various locations. A few colleagues have told me that compression socks greatly improve travel, and I finally bought a pair to try them out. I finished a series of flights to get from Washington, DC, to Abuja, Nigeria, and after over 12 hours in the air and 24 hours in transit with my compression socks on the whole time, I feel great! It made a huge difference and definitely increased my comfort while on the plane. I plan to buy a second pair when I get back to the US." —Alexandra
Get them from Amazon for $16.67+ (available in sizes S–2XL and in 13 colors).
And check out our full review of the Physix Gear compression socks here.
4. A stroller so compact, you can actually fit in the overhead bin on a plane! This can help ease the stress you usually feel when you have to retrieve it from storage when you deplane and have an antsy child ready to leave.
It folds up so small that it was awarded a Guinness World Record in 2014 for the most compact stroller. It can hold kids who weigh up to 55 lbs. and only weighs 9.5 lbs.
Promising review: "We are frequent travelers. I've been on 15 flights with my 17-month-old toddler. I wish I would have bought this a long time ago. It's the best purchase we have ever made. It is sturdy, folds very easy, has a great design, and can literally fit in a reusable grocery bag. Highly recommend!" —Kateryna
Get it from Amazon for $261.05+ (available in two colors and three styles).
5. AirFly, a wireless transmitter that'll connect your AirPods (or any other wireless headphones) to the headphone jack on the flight, making it *SO* easy to enjoy the in-flight entertainment without having to buy the crappy ones the airlines sell.
It also comes with a USB-C charging cable, travel pouch, keychain holder, quick-start guide, and a manual.
Twelve South Store is a small business based in Charleston, South Carolina that sells unique and useful tech accessories for your electronic devices.
Promising review: "I love this gadget ... I fly a lot and this works on the majority of wide-body planes I’ve taken over the past six months. Just plugs into one of the three-prong outlets (or single outlet in economy) and you can connect any Bluetooth device. Doesn’t always connect on the first try as I have multiple devices that my headphones are searching for, but if you turn off all other devices it seems to connect right away. Once connected, it works for many hours. A few planes I’ve taken recently (Qatar Airways) have USB charge points so close to the headphone jack that you can even plug it in while its working and never lose the charge. Highly recommend for travelers." —Joseph Britto
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in three styles).
6. A bestselling Trtl pillow made with fleece that'll make sleeping on a plane an absolute ~breeze~. It weighs half a pound and can easily be stored in your carry-on our personal item without taking up too much space. Off to the Land of Nod!
Promising review: "I love this travel pillow! As someone who travels frequently for work and leisure, I try to get sleep on planes whenever I can so I am ready to go when I land. However, when bulging discs in my neck developed a few years ago, I tested six or seven different types of travel pillows and couldn’t find a pillow that gave proper support and didn’t aggravate my injury. Then I found this cozy little gem!!! I have now had my Trtl for about six months, and it’s been a game changer. I am able to get some of the best sleep I’ve gotten on planes without further aggravation to my neck. I’ve recommended this to so many people who all have reported back their equal appreciation of the Trtl. It’s easy to pack around once you get to your destination, so you don’t have to have a travel pillow hanging off your bag. I also appreciate how easy it is to take apart to wash — with so many germs on planes, I like that I can wash it without worrying about ruining it. I’m buying another for my mom who is getting ready for an overnight flight to Europe. I highly recommend this product!!!" —Henninsa
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (available in four colors).
7. An eight-compartment pill organizer to keep your medications all in one place without having to lug all those obstructive bottles in your luggage. One reviewer also says this is a great way to keep jewelry from getting tangled while traveling.
Promising review: "My husband and I travel a lot and take a number of prescription drugs. It was always a hassle accessing our medication when needed, so I purchased this organizer to make things easier. I used a label maker and labeled each little compartment and it has performed wonderfully. I highly recommend this organizer to anyone who travels and needs medications throughout the day." —Jacqueline
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $9.97.
8. A three-piece luggage set so you never have to worry if you have the right size luggage for your next trip. This set includes a perfect carry-on size, a smaller checked bag, and a larger one for the bigger vacations.
They also have TSA locks and 360-degree wheels.
Promising review: "My family travels internationally, which means lots of airplane transfers, rail, ferry loading and unloading. Each member has their own set. Only one cosmetic scuff has appeared. About to order another set for my mother as we are taking her to London, Scotland, and Ireland for the holidays. We rarely use the middle size. The small size we carry on, and the largest size we check. Very pleased with maneuvering and durability of wheels on various rough surfaces. The retractable handle makes for easy storage on ferries and railway. We’ve had zero issues with locking mechanism. We are a family of four with kids age 8 and 12." —ChiefLaughALot
Get it from Amazon for $189.99+ (available in 17 colors).
9. A pair of no-tie elastic shoelaces perfect for anyone who would rather just slip their shoes on and rush out the TSA line instead of wasting time trying to remember which way the bunny ears are supposed to twist. Bonus: the fasteners on these are hidden, so it'll be your lil' time-saving secret!
Promising review: "At first I was skeptical that these laces wouldn't hold my shoes on tightly enough, but I decided to give them a try in my Converse Chucks. They're fantastic! I like the way the 'hidden' fasteners sit inside the shoes below the eyelets, but on top of the tongue, and I can't feel the fastener at all with my foot in the shoe. I've had them in for around eight months, and they're still just as elastic as ever. They haven't stretched at all and show no signs of wearing out. I loved them so much that I bought five more sets to put in all of my shoes! No more triple knotting my shoes so they don't become untied. I tie knots pretty slowly so these laces have honestly saved me tons of time. I couldn't be happier with them." —lucidity
Get them from Amazon for $9.99 (available in 38 colors).
10. A tablet holder that'll easily mount on the headrest, making it easy for your kids to binge all the Studio Ghibli films and not have to tire their arms holding the screen up. Or worse, drop it when they fall asleep.
It has a 360-degree rotation ability, so you'll always find the perfect angle! Also, it extends forward up to 9.8 inches!
Promising review: "We got this and have used it on long car rides for our kids. Its ability to twist and turn is amazing. We love how it could extend further out or to the side, which made it easy for both kids to watch something since the headrest is not very centrally located. It is very easy to install, and it held my phone and surface pro because of the ability to adjust." —Laura
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
11. A jewelry organizer so you can not only keep your things organized and easily accessible, but it'll also prevent them from getting annoyingly tangled.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this product!! Came exactly as advertised. The feel is nice quality, and zippers and pockets all good quality. My favorite is the necklace compartment! The separate elastic bands really do prevent my necklaces from tangling together. Everything is easy to see and store. I highly recommend buying this for yourself or as a gift!" —Kristid
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in two sizes and nine colors).
12. An SD card reader to effortlessly transfer all of those high-quality photos you're taking on your camera during your trip straight to your phone for easy social media sharing.
Support all iPhones with iOS 9.2 and up and iPads with iOS 8.0 or later.
Promising review: "Sleek, compact, and it does what it says it's going to do! As a photographer for a rock band, it's important to be able to get the great shots out on social media as soon as we can. The minute the set is over, I pop my card out, connect it to my phone with the product, and get the shots on social media within a few minutes. I saw lots of people using this for hunting game cameras as well. Regardless of what you're using it for, this product gets the job done with style. Thank you!" —Donald Bryan Spitko
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
13. A compact trash bin that will keep your car tidy and clean throughout the road trip without the hassle of picking everything up off the floor at the next rest stop.
This 1.85-gallon trashcan has adjustable straps and a waterproof interior, and it's leakproof!
Promising review: "This is a very convenient addition to my car and fits perfectly without being in the way of passengers in the second row seating area. I highly recommend. Fits easily in vehicles that have a center armrest in the front passenger seating area. Universal fit." —Paula D. Thomas
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in two sizes).
14. A cup holder because have you tried to walk around the airport while holding your luggage handle, your personal bag on your elbow, your phone in one hand, your drink in the other, and your breakfast somewhere in-between? It's a MESS.
15. A makeup sponge holder to keep your beauty blender away from your clothes and other brushes. There's vented slots on both sides — aka, no weird smells!
Promising review: "This is perfect because I like to grab my makeup and run. I was always putting my beauty blender in a tissue when I traveled, and that got dirty quick. I left it at home on the counter and felt it was gross leaving it there. This is a perfect product for at home and on the go. Going to buy as a gift for my friends!" —Mallory Walters
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in four colors).
16. Road trip games that'll keep everyone in the back seat entertained for hours while you get some much-needed "you time." It's perfect for parents who prefer their kids not look at screens the entire trip!
Capable By Design is a small business based in Saint John, Indiana that sells custom T-Shirts, towels, pillows, and many other accessories.
If you have an idea for a type of game you want for your kids, you can personalize this product, and the seller will help bring it to life!
Promising review: "Super cute and durable. Great for little hands. Small in size so great for packing. My grandson loved the dry erase pen." —Jill Neal
17. A first aid clutch kit because who said being prepared couldn't be stylish? Not me. I would never.
What's included: 6 antiseptic cleansing wipes, 6 sting relief pads, 6 alcohol pads, 10 safety pins, 18 cotton swabs, 10 fabric bandages, 5 knuckle bandages, 5 finger bandages, 2 butterfly bandages, 5 gauze pads, and 1 gauze tape. Whew!
Promising review: "I carry this in my purse 24/7! I get cuts and scrapes all the time. It’s the perfect size, and the design is super cute. I love the little quote on the inside cover. It has absolutely everything I need; I’ve tried a couple of other “emergency” packs/pouches, and they just always had something missing. This one is just perfect." —Alexis Trombley
Get it from Amazon for $23.10.
18. A stick-on shade to block the sun's bright rays and also all the haters from judging you for napping in your backseat during a road trip break. Mind ya business.
19. A super compact portable charger because after spending an entire day at Disney taking photos, there's nothing I believe someone needs more when they travel than one of these bad boys.
It can charge an iPhone 8 up to 1.5 times and a iPhone X one full time.
Promising review: "The holy grail of portable chargers!!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation, and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want a carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty color, and I get one full charge of battery for my phone. Get it; you will not be disappointed!" —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in six colors).
20. A brush holder because there's nothing that makes me sadder than opening my luggage and seeing my brushes have been crushed in a weird position for over eight hours. 😢
Promising review: "I am one of those people who heavily relies on other peoples' reviews but rarely leaves my own. However, this little item is GENIUS. When it arrived, I thought it would be too short, but it fits all of my MAC brushes and even my tallest LAURA MERCIER brush. When zipped for travel, it lays FLAT. A quick unzip and flip of the fabric, and it is a sturdy brush caddy with easy access. Great, Great, GREAT!!!" —Kimberly S.
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in two sizes and 10 styles).
21. A door stop alarm to give you some serious peace of mind knowing that if anyone even attempts to jimmy the door open, they'll be spooked by an ~alarming~ sound.
It's as loud as 120db!!
Promising review: "Loud little dude! Good for home and travel for hotel room doors. Sensitivity control and on/off switch. Be sure to measure from floor to bottom of door to make sure it will engage the alarm. After demonstrating it, my sister-in-law, niece, and mom wanted them. A little peace of mind for very little money." —Jim Walker
Get a two pack from Amazon for $13.99 (available in multiple packs and two colors).
22. And a portable door lock for even *more* security! Hotel staff can easily get into your room if they need to, and that can be unnerving as a solo traveler.
Promising review: "We took this device anytime we were staying at a hotel or an AirB&B we rented. It is easy to figure out how to set it on the door striker. You can download a video for directions. It has two sizes you can choose depending on the size of your striker. This is great for added security for you while at home or traveling. Our granddaughter uses it if she is home alone after school. When you go to a hotel, a lot of people have access to your room like the housekeeper or maintenance workers. You just attach this to the door while you are in the room for extra protection." —Debra B.
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (also available in a two-pack).